Associate Package Specialist (Entry Level) - Western Canada CIC
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Associates help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM, we know technology. But technology is only as good as the results it delivers. Are you interested and adept in application development methodology and tools? The IBM Client Innovation Centre (CIC) occupies a unique position in the IT marketplace – at the intersection of business and technology.
In this role, you’ll work in our IBM Client Innovation Center (CIC), where we deliver deep technical and industry expertise to a wide range of public and private sector clients around the world. These delivery centers offer our clients locally based skills and technical expertise to drive innovation and adoption of new technology.
As a member of our team, you will help IBM clients solve some of their most challenging business problems, capitalize on market opportunities and achieve real value in today’s tough economy.
We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network, and further their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash their potential, an Associate Package Specialist role is for you.
Have graduated no earlier than 2021, and will be graduating no later than December 2023
Have an Associate’s Degree, College Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, or Master’s Degree by date of employment
Exception: This program does not accept MBA or PhD candidates/graduates
Have no more than 2 years of full-time professional related work experience
Be eligible to work in Canada without current or future needs for visa sponsorship
Be willing and able to live and work in Alberta, with minimal travel anticipated
When you create and iterate, you solve problems — whether it’s a simple bug fix, or an app that changes the way we experience daily life. As an Associate Package Specialist, you’ll take on a range of activities to deliver technology-driven solutions. Using future-looking technologies and techniques, you’ll help design, develop, and integrate solutions to bring industry-defining products, cloud services, and web applications to users around the world.
As an Associate Package Specialist, you will:
- Work in an agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements and design, code, and test innovative applications
- Trained in in-demand technologies, packages, and skills to deliver digital solutions for businesses
- Use IBM Enterprise Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience, along with high performance, security, quality, and stability
- Define, detail, and scope technical requirements into solution architecture and drive independent projects from an architectural standpoint
- Integrate software packages, programs, and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms
- Help maintain and improve code quality, organization, and automation
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Flexibility to work across architecture, building both front-end and back-end
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Displayed strong communication skills and managing teams and stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership and flexibility, with a willingness to take ownership of highly meaningful tasks and problems readily and voluntarily
- Demonstrated a growth mindset, motivated to learn new technologies and frameworks
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing, technology-based consulting environment, using agile development techniques
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of modern web and mobile frameworks (e.g. Angular, React.js, Node.js, iOS Swift, Android)
- Exposure to Cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud)
- IBM Maximo Experience