Multi-Cloud Platforms Product Manager
Ready to re-imagine the product management role? At IBM, as an Offering Manager, you are responsible for the full lifecycle of an offering: from validating need to determining the business model and defining the solution requirements. Going beyond the traditional focus of timetables and budgets, you use your keen insights into what customers want in their own business plan – and work across disciplines to build the best solutions to a problem. If being the CEO of your offering excites you, consider an offering management career at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Product Manager in IBM Software Multi-Cloud Platforms you will define, manage, and measure the outcome of feature builds on shared product architectures and services utilized by IBM container software and SaaS products. You will gather insights through customer feedback, matrixed product teams, and internal stakeholder inputs and use them in the value assessment and prioritization of engineering builds. You are responsible for negotiating the scope of organizational priorities in the delivery of high-value foundational services.
Multi-Cloud Platforms Product Managers represent our vision and roadmap to senior executives in Product Management and Development while guiding and assisting IBMs overall product delivery organizations to uniformly adopt critical capabilities that matter to our customers. Typical responsibilities include:
- Facilitate end-to-end business planning for GTM, set detailed direction and priorities across disciplines, and monitor follow-through for quarterly commits.
- Drive the success of Foundational Services by invoking an adoption strategy.
- Contribute to cross-functional planning and delivery execution with technical leads and product management peers.
- Evangelize common architectures and influence the adoption of progressive Red Hat OpenShift/Kubernetes technologies and edition updates.
- Manage the full product lifecycle through all aspects of strategy and execution.
- Collaborate and coordinate product development utilizing a 3-in-a-box approach with Product Management, Design, and Technical leads.
- Facilitate design thinking approaches through collaboration with field representatives, matrixed product managers, and channel representatives.
- Analyze and respond to product performance based on quantitative and qualitative data.
- Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria and a reporting structure is in place to monitor product health.
- Ensure stakeholders are always up to date on product vision, plans, and status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of experience in Software Product Management
- Technical knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker solution development/test/delivery
- Proven experience in driving the adoption of products and services
- Ability to prioritize according to strategic business goals
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex schedules and successfully drive interlock across multiple stakeholders
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Deep knowledge of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Experience with container software products delivered on-prem or in cloud (hybrid models)
- Experience with and participation in initiatives based on open-source communities
- Experience with IBM Cloud, AWS and/or Azure cloud service frameworks