Associate Training Developer (Entry Level) - Western Canada CIC
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Associates help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM, we know technology. But technology is only as good as the results it delivers. Are you interested and adept in application development methodology and tools? The IBM Client Innovation Centre (CIC) occupies a unique position in the IT marketplace – at the intersection of business and technology.
In this role, you’ll work in our IBM Client Innovation Center (CIC), where we deliver deep technical and industry expertise to a wide range of public and private sector clients around the world. These delivery centers offer our clients locally based skills and technical expertise to drive innovation and adoption of new technology.
As a member of our team, you will help IBM clients solve some of their most challenging business problems, capitalize on market opportunities and achieve real value in today’s tough economy.
We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network, and further their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash their potential, an Associate Training Developer role is for you.
- Have graduated no earlier than 2021, and will be graduating no later than November 2023
- Have an Associate’s Degree, College Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, or Master’s Degree by date of employment
- Exception: This program does not accept MBA or PhD candidates/graduates
- Have no more than 2 years of full-time professional related work experience
- Be eligible to work in Canada without current or future needs for visa sponsorship
- Be willing and able to live and work in Alberta, with minimal travel anticipated
As an Associate Training Developer, you will:
- Gather requirements and information from experts to design and develop training content
- Plan, write and edit storyboards for e-learning modules (WBT, CBT, e-learning)
- Identify anomalies and resolve them
- Implement assessment measures, including knowledge audits, course evaluations and tests
- Organize and lead training sessions
- Participate in content review, revision and sign-off cycles
- Build and maintain customer relationships by consistently delivering exceptional service and exceeding expectations
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Arts or equivalent
- Ability to develop an engaging and effective training program
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and adult learning principles
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal and results-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure with multiple deadlines
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with various SAP modules (Preferred but not mandatory)
- Bilingualism in French and English (Preferred but not mandatory)