Software Developer Intern (January - 4 months)
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Toronto, ON and is a 4 month work term commencing in January 2024. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work-term.
This position is for the IBM Data and Technology team in Toronto. Our team is looking for candidates with exceptional technical aptitude, a passion for engineering, and an interest in distributed systems.
The successful candidate will join a small, fast-paced consulting team, composed of Partners, Product Managers, Data Scientists, Architects and other Software Engineers to conceptualize, develop and deploy software applications. As a team, we pride ourselves in tackling some of the most difficult business problems our clients face by bringing together subject matter expertise, data science, and implementation know-how.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Software engineering experience coding in a general-purpose programming language
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team through proven communication skills
- General knowledge of database design and technologies
- A creative problem solver with a proactive work ethic
- Must be eligible to work 4 months starting in January 2024
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2 work-terms in a software engineering role
- Demonstrated interest and ability to learn other coding languages and technologies as needed
- Interest in applied data science and keeping up with the latest advancements in software engineering
- Demonstrated experience in cloud computing, distributed systems, data engineering, database design, and/or web development
- Co-op/internship program enrollment is preferred