Business Analyst Intern (January - 4 months)
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Toronto, ON and is a 4 month work term commencing in January 2024. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work-term.
As a Business Analyst with the data and technology transformation team you will support projects and client engagements to meet business objectives by gathering and documenting business procedures, creating process maps, and coordinating project activities.
- Identifying new process opportunities and accurately analyzing and estimating new processes, quickly assessing feasibility
- Analyzing, understanding, and documenting the business processes in detail where required
- Identifying and communicating the technical infrastructure requirements
- Creating and maintaining solution documentation
- Supporting existing processes and implementing change requirements as part of a structured change control process
- Working within project planning constraints, communicating any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager accordingly and providing inputs to the change control
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong verbal and written communication capabilities
- Presentation skills
- Business process analysis
- Business case development
- Technical writing and interpretation skills
- Must be eligible to work 4 months starting in January 2024
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Automation skills
- Data and Analytics skills
- Programming background