SAP SD Consultant - Western Canada CIC
As an SAP SD (Sales and Distribution) consultant you will be responsible for configuring, implementing, and maintaining the SAP SD module to meet the business requirements of the client. Your role will be to align the SAP SD module with the business needs of the organization, enabling streamlined sales and distribution processes, and enhancing customer satisfaction.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Consulting helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM’s global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM’s state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is the first of its kind in Canada. The Western Canada CIC weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally.
In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide –for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development –staff training is one of the largest Centre investments. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role to invigorate Calgary’s technology sector
Business Process Analysis: Understand the client’s business processes related to sales, distribution, and customer management. Work with stakeholders to gather requirements and identify areas for improvement.
Configuration and Customization: Configure the SAP SD module according to the client’s business requirements. Customize settings to match the specific needs of the organization on sub modules of Sales & Distribution.
Sales Order Processing: Configure and optimize sales order processing, including order creation, order confirmation, delivery scheduling, and backorder processing.
Pricing: Expertise in configuring SD Pricing procedures is a must. Knowledge of MM pricing will be an added advantage. Should be able to work independently on Pricing procedure configuration which includes defining condition tables, condition types, defining access sequence etc. You will be working on Commodity Price Engine (CPE) with BRF+
Taxes: Expertise in configuring SD related taxes. Knowledge of MM related taxes will be an added advantage. Familiar with Canada and US tax procedure will be a plus point.
Shipping and Delivery: Configure shipping points, routes, and delivery processes.
Billing and Invoicing: Set up billing processes, including invoicing schedules, billing plans, and credit management. Knowledge of EDI will help in accurate and timely invoicing to customers.
Master Data: Knowledge of Business partner, Material master, Pricing conditions, Delivery & Billing output conditions.
Integration: Collaborate with other SAP module consultants (such as MM for materials management and FI/CO for finance and controlling) to ensure smooth integration of processes and data across different modules.
Testing and Validation: Perform unit testing, integration testing, and user acceptance testing to ensure that configured processes meet the business requirements and are free of errors.
User Training: Train end-users and provide them with necessary documentation to use the SAP SD system effectively.
Support and Issue Resolution: Provide ongoing support to users by addressing their inquiries, troubleshooting issues, and resolving any system-related problems.
Change Management: Assist in managing organizational change related to the adoption of new SAP processes and systems.
Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for process optimization and system enhancements to improve efficiency, accuracy, and customer satisfaction.
Knowledge Sharing: Stay updated with the latest developments in the SAP SD module, share knowledge within the team, and contribute to the growthMust be located in Calgary or willing to relocate to Calgary.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on consulting and configuration experience with SAP S/4 implementation or support of SAP SD processes
- Possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of the SAP SD module, including configuration settings, master data management and integration with other SAP modules.
- Experience with the SAP Commodity Pricing Engine.
- Experience with API integration using MuleSoft or any other middleware.
- Experience with agile methodologies and automated testing
- 3+ years of experience working with multilocation multi-cultural distributed agile teams.
- Proven track record of delivering solution for complex business requirements and integrations involving SAP S/4 and other third-party applications (SaaS as well as non-SaaS)
- Knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework is a plus.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with remote
• Continuous learning mindset to keep up with the latest SAP SD developments and best practices.
• Strong presentation skills with high degree of comfort in communicating with business users, developers,
managers and exec leadership team.
• Ability to plan and estimate development tasks (ideally within an Agile framework)
• Ability to capture best practices and create collateral such as white-papers, and blogs
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- SAP SD certification is preferred.
- Experience working with 3rd-party integrations.
- Experience with multiple cloud services, including IBM Cloud, AWS,