Backend Developer- watsonx
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Watson Machine Learning provides a full range of tools and services allowing users to build, train, and deploy Machine Learning models. IBM Watsonx.ai is our upcoming enterprise-ready AI and data platform designed to multiply the impact of AI across customers’ business including support for new foundation models, generative AI and machine learning. This position is part of the team responsible for building and managing these exciting products.
As a Backend developer, you will be part of a global team that builds and supports Watson Machine Learning and Watsonx.ai. The work will be performed under the Agile model, in a cooperative and innovative environment, interfacing with global teams. In this role:
- You’ll work in a dynamic, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
- You’ll employ IBM’s Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
- Design and code services, applications and databases that are reusable, scalable and meet critical architecture goals.
- Create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that are clean, well-documented, and easy to use.
- Design, code and support technology that enables enterprises to deploy and use ML, DL and generative AI models
- Support and adapt code based on feedback from customers deploying software in mission critical environments.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Robust experience in backend development with Golang.
- Experience in backend development with Python, Scala, Java or Node.js.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience with GitHub and CI/CD tools like Travis/Jenkins.
- Experience with both public and private cloud base application development
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with OpenShift, Kubeflow Pipelines or Tekton.
- General Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning competence.
- Experience working in global Agile organizations.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with strong collaboration, analytical and troubleshooting skills.