Federal Tax Analyst (Armonk, NY)
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and technology are transforming industries, society and the workplace.
IBM is a leader in this worldwide transformation and just the place to further define and develop your career in Tax. Our dedicated teams of business professionals give our clients more than solutions – we ask, “what else is possible?”
As a member of our IBM Tax team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your expertise with a market leader, while exploring and connecting with virtually every part of IBM, in over 160 countries.
As a Federal Tax Analyst on the US Domestic income tax compliance team you will:
- Prepare and review of US Federal, State and Local Income Tax returns/extensions/estimated tax calculations for assigned subsidiaries.
- Respond to IRS and state auditor inquiries. These inquiries may be written, by telephone, or in person. Provide information in a timely manner to answer questions or verify information regarding filed tax returns.
- Prepare and review assigned Schedule M and state tax adjustments for US Federal and State Income Tax purposes. Calculate return to provision adjustments and prepare reconciliation of deferred tax assets and liabilities.
- Analysis and determine application of relevant Income Tax laws while maintaining appropriate audit ready support.
- Provide support on legal and information document requests, and other ad-hoc projects, as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal controls.
*Must be willing to commute into the Armonk, NY office 3 days a week (this is not a 100% remote position)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years experience in US federal income tax compliance
- 3+ years in Big 4 public accounting OR multinational corporation experience
- 3+ years experience in office software application software products (i.e. Microsoft applications)
- 3+ years experience in Tax compliance software applications (CorpTax, OneSource, Etc).
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Masters Degree in Accounting, Finance or Tax
- Experience with data analytics tools