Maximo Developer/Analyst - Western Canada CIC
As an Application Package Specialist, you’ll help clients in the selection, implementation, and production support of application packaged solutions. You’ll gain in-depth consulting skills, business knowledge, and packaged solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the clients’ business environment. Join us and start your path as a key player to achieve client expected business results and become the expert you want to be.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Consulting helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM’s global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM’s state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is the first of its kind in Canada. The Western Canada CIC weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally.
In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide –for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development –staff training is one of the largest Centre investments.
- Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role to invigorate Calgary’s technology sector
As a Maximo Developer, the candidate will be responsible for solution design and development of Maximo components using customizations, workflows, automation scripts and application configuration. In addition, in depth knowledge of Maximo integration framework, and deployment into cloud environment would be required. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
As an ideal candidate you have proven analytical and problem-solving skills, creative ability in developing and implementing quality solution deliverables, exposure to a proven methodology and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and dynamic workplace. As well as being self-motivated and able to work fully independently, you are also able to work as a member of a global delivery team, cooperating and collaborating with other team members to produce optimum solutions. You possess exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities, with a keen desire for continuous learning.
- Primary responsibility of developing & supporting Maximo Application
- The candidate is expected to interact with the business to understand the requirement and document them in clear and concise manner.
- Analyzing, interpreting, and translating requirements into a viable technical solution,
- Providing technical support and advising on technical analysis to functional team,
- Develop technical solution, performing unit testing and support System/Integration testing,
- Some evening/weekend support will be required
Must be located in Calgary or willing to relocate to Calgary
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least three years of experience:
- Implementing, upgrading, or supporting IBM Maximo Enterprise Asset Management Software (Ver 7.5+)
- Performing application support activities by troubleshooting and correcting issues and defects, reporting to management, and liaising with business and end-user clients.
- Extensive experience developing, testing, documenting, and implementing program/code and configuration changes to the Maximo application, as per technical specifications, using Application Designer, BIRT Reports, JMS Queries, JVM Monitoring
- Developed medium to complex workflows on standard Maximo objects like PR, PO contracts and work order
- Willing to work evening/weekend support shift as required.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Application Management Services experienceExperience with Maximo Integration framework, webservices, XML
- Experience with processing rules and user exit/processing class using automation scripts
- Experience with Mulesoft integration
- Knowledge in any industrial solution such as oil and gas or Travel and transportation would be an added advantage
- Eligible for Reliability Security Clearance