SAP EHS Product Safety Consultant - Western Canada CIC
As an Application Package Specialist, you’ll help clients in the selection, implementation, and production support of application packaged solutions. You’ll gain in-depth consulting skills, business knowledge, and packaged solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the clients’ business environment. Join us and start your path as a key player to achieve client expected business results and become the expert you want to be.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an SAP EHS Product Safety Support Analyst your role revolves around managing and supporting the SAP EHS Product Safety module from the backend IT support team perspective to help ensure compliance with regulations, providing end user support, resolving end user reported incidents, problems and service requests, handing changes to the SAP EHS configuration and driving continuous improvement in the system and processes.
Your responsibilities will include:
System Configuration: You will be responsible maintaining and configuring the SAP EHS Product Safety module according to the end user requirements. This involves configuration related to defining product safety data structures, material master data, hazardous substance management, and other related configurations.
User Support and Training: As a support analyst, you will provide assistance to end-users and resolve any issues related to the SAP EHS Product Safety module. This may involve troubleshooting system problems, guiding users on how to enter and retrieve product safety data, and providing training to new users.
Compliance Monitoring: You will ensure that the system is configured to enable compliance reporting to relevant regulatory requirements. This includes monitoring changes in regulations, updating the configuration accordingly, and generating compliance reports based on EHS Business requirements.
Integration with Other Systems: You will collaborate with other technical teams to integrate the SAP EHS Product Safety module with other enterprise systems, such as ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) systems. This integration helps streamline processes and ensure consistency across various systems.
Continuous Improvement: As a support analyst, you will identify areas for improvement in the SAP EHS Product Safety module and suggest enhancements or system modifications to increase efficiency and effectiveness. This may involve working closely with development and business teams or participating in projects to implement changes.
Documentation and Reporting: You will maintain documentation of system configurations, user guides, and standard operating procedures related to the SAP EHS Product Safety module. Additionally, you may be responsible for generating regular reports and analysis on product safety data and compliance metrics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with remote office locations.
- Continuous learning mindset to keep up with the latest SAP EHS developments and best practices.
- Strong presentation skills with high degree of comfort in communicating with business users, developers, managers and executive leadership team.
- Ability to plan and estimate development tasks (ideally within an Agile framework)
- Ability to capture best practices and create collateral such as white-papers, and blogs
Must be located onsite at our IBM office in Calgary, Alberta. Must be willing to be onsite at client office 2-3 times a week or as required.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
SAP EHS processes
• Possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of the SAP EHS module, including configuration settings, master data management, work order management, preventive maintenance, and integration with other SAP modules.
• Experience with agile methodologies and automated testing
• 3+ years of experience working with multilocation multi-cultural distributed agile teams.
• Proven track record of delivering solution for complex business requirements and integrations involving SAP S/4 and other third-party applications (SaaS as well as non-SaaS)
• Knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework is a plus.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- SAP EHS certification is preferred.
- Experience working with 3rd-party integrations.
- Experience with multiple cloud services, including IBM Cloud, AWS,
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent or related experience.