HCM Admin - Payroll Processing
As an Application Package Specialist, you’ll help clients in the selection, implementation, and production support of application packaged solutions. You’ll gain in-depth consulting skills, business knowledge, and packaged solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the clients’ business environment. Join us and start your path as a key player to achieve client expected business results and become the expert you want to be.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Consulting Services helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new
sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire
enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM’s global reach, outcome-
focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the
way we live and work.
As a PeopleSoft HCM/Payroll Functional Analyst, you will act as a functional expert in the implementation, upgrade and support of PeopleSoft HCM/Payroll to guide the design, configuration, setup and testing of the PeopleSoft application. You will also lead fit/gap sessions, make recommendations on best practices, solve complex business process issues, and interact with the technical team to define system specifications.
The ideal candidate will have experience in preparing system-related documentation, e.g., business requirements, fit/gap analysis, functional specifications, training materials, and user manuals and be able to work with clients at all organizational levels to define business processes and provide advice on the use of PeopleSoft to support business requirements. As well as being self motivated and able to work fully independently, the ideal candidate is a team player who will cooperate and collaborate with other team members to produce optimum solutions. Working in this core area of our business you will be instrumental in helping us to continue to be recognized as the premiere Oracle implementer in Canada.
- Experience in a senior consulting role with a PeopleSoft installation that implemented the HCM modules within North America.
- Candidates must have specific experience with Canada and/or US Functional core HCM, Benefits Administration, and Base Benefits, or Payroll and/or Time and Labour.
- Experience in configuring, testing, troubleshooting, and support to the user for the enabling PeopleSoft Finance applications and related technology.
- Familiar with the native integration in PeopleSoft HCM solutions.
- Functional knowledge and experience in PeopleSoft version 8.9 or later release.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to multitask within a fast paced and dynamic workplace.
- Exposure to and understanding of consulting services.
- Proven record in developing and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to work and thrive in a team environment and embrace IBM values.
- Experience in using data modeling tools or other flowcharting software.
- Experience with facilitating and mapping present and future business processes and user requirements.
- Ability to bring innovative solutions to client challenges, combining optimal processes and products.
- Certification for the PeopleSoft HCM product suite.
- Consulting experience with another professional services organization.
- Experience in managing projects and training initiatives.
- Ability to lead diverse teams representing business and technical areas.
- Attainment of certification designation (i.e. CHRP or CHRM) or Canadian Payroll Certification (CPA levels I, II, or III)
Must be Eligibility to obtain government clearance
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- One to Two (1-2) years of ERP batch processing experience;
- Analytical/troubleshooting skills including understanding of ERP processes;
- Plan and execute changes for special processing;
- Eligibility to obtain Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- PeopleSoft experience;
- Payroll processing;
- Currently hold Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance.