Package Consultant - SAP HCM Payroll
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients’ business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll work in our IBM Client Innovation Center (CIC), where we deliver deep technical and industry expertise to a wide range of public and private sector clients around the world. These centers offer our clients locally based skills and technical expertise to drive innovation and adoption of new technology.
We are currently recruiting for top talent in SAP Practice. If you are someone who thrives in challenges than we want to hear from you.
You have a solid business background in your field, hands-on experience in consulting, SAP S4HANA/ECC 6.0 implementation experience in HR (Payroll) and understand just how important HR processing is to a business’ wellbeing. By joining IBM in this area, you will be instrumental in ensuring our clients payroll systems get valuable pay and benefits to their employees. You’ll also be joining the premier SAP implementor in Canada in which to grow your career and eminence.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting Fit/Gap analysis and business/process modeling
- Business/application requirement gathering
- Business processes based on accepted industry practices
- SAP HR Payroll software configuring and testing
- Lead development of functional and systems specifications
- Write and maintain necessary documentation
- Educate client team members
- Provide deployment support as necessary
- Provide support (i.e., break-fix, how-to expertise, minor enhancements, monitoring, testing) to our clients to maintain efficient operations of their SAP payroll application.
- The ability to troubleshoot issues and provide solutions through using replicable problem-solving methodology
- Critical, creative, thinking that is solution focused.
- Strong ability to understand and analyze HR management process
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and evaluate complex challenges
- Ability balance simultaneous assignments
- Project management experience is an asset
- Previous consulting experience is an asset
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 years minimum hands-on configuration experience of SAP HCM Payroll experience
- Experience with year-end reporting and reconciliation (T4)
- Experience testing annual HR support pack upgrades and related defect corrections
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 years minimum hands-on configuration experience of SAP HCM Canadian Payroll experience
- Have completed a minimum of 3 full life cycle implementation of SAP
- PCP certification from the Canadian Payroll Association
- Successful completion of the HR400 SAP ERP HCM Payroll Configuration
- Experience working in an environment with multiple collective agreements
- Eligible for Canadian Reliability Clearance.