HTuO Biosciences Inc. is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate who joins our company will be a key member of our core team, supporting the deployment of our tools through various stages of development. Consequently, we are looking for a candidate who has broad experience with various platforms and hardware to meet the demands of scientific software deployment, both on our in-house servers and to the cloud.
Who We Are
HTuO Biosciences is a Canadian biotech company working at the interface of chemistry, physics and computer programming to accelerate drug discovery. We are a diverse group of individuals who thrive in a start-up environment and share a vision to redefine undruggable targets. We value honesty, transparency and clarity of vision.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deploy, maintain, and update our platform on local and cloud servers
- Ensure efficient use of computational resources
- Assist the development and R&D teams with infrastructure development
- Actively promote and assist with implementation of cybersecurity best practices
- Suggest and implement new technologies and methodologies that advance our platform
- Communicate with leadership to prioritise and coordinate tasks
- Collaborate with scientists to generate and test new ideas
- Work with other members of the team to ensure that goals are met
- At least 2+ years experience with Google cloud - storage, compute, security and permissions.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in networking and administration of Google, Mac and Linux administrations system.
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Bash and Python.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing containerized applications, such as Docker and Apptainer.
- Designing and implementing automation tools and frameworks for continuous integration, delivery, and deployment. Monitoring and managing infrastructure, ensuring optimal performance, security, and scalability.
- Develop and maintain solutions for operational administration, system/data backup, disaster recovery, and maintaining best security/performance monitoring.
- Knowledge of Slurm would be a plus.
Please provide a cover letter that communicates why you should be considered for the position.
- This position is open only to Canadian citizens or those already authorized to work in Canada.
- We encourage diversity and will not tolerate discrimination in any form.
- Only applicants that are selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Additional incentives include participation in the company stock option plan, health benefits and relocation assistance.
- HTuO currently uses a hybrid work schedule with a minimum of two days in the office per week.