Scientist Computational Chemistry
Scientist, Computational Chemistry
HTuO Biosciences Inc. is looking for a Computational Chemist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have substantial knowledge of force field design and experience in the analysis of molecular dynamics, as well as a broad understanding of the field of drug design.
Who We Are
HTuO Biosciences is a Canadian biotech company working at the interface of chemistry, physics and computer programming to accelerate drug discovery. We are a diverse group of individuals who thrive in a start-up environment and share a vision to redefine undruggable targets. We value honesty, transparency and clarity of vision.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, support and deliver both internal and external computational chemistry projects
- Apply our internal tools
- Work with others to develop new tools and applications in support of your work
- Test new applications of the platform
- Work with physicists to extend our platform
- Work with biologists to identify new applications and ways to apply our tools
- Help develop and implement metrics for validation of molecular simulations
- PhD in Computational Chemistry, computer-aided drug design or equivalent experience
- Deep experience with molecular dynamics simulations and computer-aided drug design
- Development experience in Python and/or C++
- Substantial knowledge of molecular mechanics force field design
- Background in ab initio quantum chemistry is a plus
- Early-stage computational drug development experience (hit-to-lead and lead optimization) is a plus
- Medicinal chemistry or pharmacology background is a plus
- This position is open only to Canadian citizens or those already authorized to work in Canada.
- We encourage diversity and will not tolerate discrimination in any form.
- Only applicants that are selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Additional incentives include participation in the company stock option plan, health benefits and relocation assistance.
- HTuO currently uses a hybrid work schedule with a minimum of two days in the office per week.