Scientist Computational Physics & Force Field Parameterization
Scientist, Computational Physics
HTuO Biosciences Inc. is searching for a Scientist with Computational Physics, Force Field Parameterization knowledge to join our team. The position will entail participating in the parameterization of our force field and development of our molecular modelling system and the relevant algorithms. We are looking for an experienced computational physicist with extensive experience in molecular modelling.
Who We Are
HTuO Biosciences is a Canadian biotech company working at the interface of chemistry, physics and computer programming to accelerate drug discovery. We are a diverse group of individuals who thrive in a start-up environment and share a vision to redefine undruggable targets. We value honesty, transparency and clarity of vision.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement force field parametrization strategy
- Assist with the development of our molecular modelling platform
- Perform molecular modelling simulations in the course of developing the molecular modelling platform
- Collaborate with the engineers assigned to assist with primary tasks
- Communicate with leadership to prioritise and coordinate tasks
- Work with other members of the team to ensure that goals are met.
- PhD in a related field (e.g. theoretical/computational physics, chemistry, biophysics, biochemistry, or other sciences) or equivalent experience.
- Deep understanding of physics and math involved in molecular simulations
- Multi-variable optimization experience is a must
- Experience in the parameterization of force fields would be a major asset
- Experience with AI/ML for scientific research would be an asset
- Development experience in Python and/or C would be an asset
- Please provide a cover letter that communicates why you should be considered for the position.
- This position is open only to Canadian citizens or those already authorized to work in Canada.
- We encourage diversity and will not tolerate discrimination in any form.
- Only applicants that are selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Additional incentives include participation in the company stock option plan, health benefits and relocation assistance.
- HTuO currently uses a hybrid work schedule with a minimum of two days in the office per week.