HTuO Biosciences is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the organization. We are looking to bring on an individual who can manage our financial operations, and grow along with the company, as we emerge from being research oriented into commercialization.
The successful candidate will report directly to the CEO, and will work closely with other directors as part of the management team on all aspects of the company’s finances. An employee who excels in this role will have the opportunity to transition into a CFO position as the company expands.
Who We Are
HTuO Biosciences is a Canadian biotech company working at the interface of chemistry, physics and computer programming to accelerate drug discovery. We are a diverse group of individuals who thrive in a start-up environment and share a vision to redefine undruggable targets. We value honesty, transparency and clarity of vision.
What You’ll Do
- Manage Payroll for employees and consultants
- Accounting and quarterly reporting
- Help prepare SR&ED claims and IRAP reports
- Corporate taxes
- Participate in Planning and budgeting
- Prepare and participate in fundraising activities
- Coordinate with contractors
- Participate in grant applications, tracking and reporting
- Work with bankers to coordinate and optimize how company funds are managed and transferred
- Hire and grow the financial team at HTuO as the company’s complexity increases
- Additional duties that may be assigned, as appropriate
- Chartered Professional Accountant is required
- 5-10 years of experience required
- Knowledge of Quickbooks or similar accounting software is required
- A basic interest and understanding of science would be an advantage
Please provide a cover letter that communicates why you should be considered for the position.
- This position is open only to Canadian citizens or those already authorized to work in Canada.
- We encourage diversity and will not tolerate discrimination in any form.
- Only applicants that are selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Additional incentives include participation in the company stock option plan, health benefits and relocation assistance.
- HTuO currently uses a hybrid work schedule with a minimum of two days in the office per week.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to us at email@example.com
View other positions