Vice President, Financial Planning and Analysis
We’re looking for a Vice President, FP&A to join the Finance team. You will leverage a broad strategic mindset, excellent executive presence, and strong financial planning process & systems experience. As a key member of the Finance Leadership team you will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for overseeing Hootsuite’s budgeting, forecasting, analytical processes and decision support as well as be a key partner to the CFO in corporate development and data analytics activities. While working remotely or in a hybrid work arrangement, a blend of virtual (in accordance with Hootsuite’s distributed workforce strategy), and in Hootsuite’s Vancouver office, you will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Financial Planning and Forecasting: Lead the development of strategic and operational financial plans for the business, including standardization and automation of reporting and analysis, planning simplification and data systems enhancements. Drive accountability through the annual budgeting and rolling forecast process, coordinating with department heads to set financial targets, measure progress, and proposing adjustments and actions when necessary (#PlayToWin).
- Modeling, Reporting and Analysis: Develop and maintain extensive key performance indicators (KPI) and financial models to support iterative decision making and proactive management of the business. Develop and operationalize weekly and monthly KPI and financial outputs along with variance analyses for senior management and the Board of Directors. Conduct insightful analyses of business performance, financial results, and KPIs to highlight trends and advise leadership of potential risks and opportunities impacting business performance. Prepare and maintain both long term and short term financial forecasts that support the business and its financial targets
- Strategic Partnership with Business Leaders and investors: Collaborate effectively with investors, business leaders and cross-functional teams to provide planned and ad hoc financial analysis with insights to support their decision making in both tactical and strategic areas. Ability to take complex business issues, analyze problems, propose solutions in a simple to understand way for business leaders. Advise Executive Leadership Team on financial matters and provide data-driven recommendations to optimize operational efficiency and profitability.
- Acquisitions, Capital Raises and Capital Allocation: Play a key role in corporate development activities, including M&A analysis, due diligence, and integration planning, contributing to Hootsuite's strategic growth initiatives and value enhancement for stakeholders. Analyze new product and business opportunities & assess ROI through establishing consistent financial modeling processes across the company. Align capital investments with a growth strategy and holding the team accountable for financial outcomes.
- Stakeholder Communication: Effectively convey financial and operational insights to various stakeholders, including executive leadership, their teams, board members, and investors at Hootsuite, using clear and concise presentations, reports, and regular updates to foster transparency and trust in the company's financial journey.
- Team Leadership: Develop and lead a dynamic team of FP&A professionals, providing guidance, coaching, and mentoring to foster a high-performance in support of Hootsuite’s mission (#StepUp, #OneTeam).
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Prefer Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or Science (e.g. Math/Physics) or another related field. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Investment banking and Private Equity background preferred and at least 5 years of experience within Software/Saas FP&A experience.
- 15+ years of related experience, with increasing levels of responsibility and seniority with most of this experience in the technology industry
- Experience within a public company or supporting a company in IPO preparation a plus
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills with the ability to organize information, analyze large data sets and present in a clear manner.
- Advanced MS Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau, NetSuite SQL coding, Pigment and FP&A software tool experience preferred.
- Practical and demonstrated FP&A experience in enterprise software building ARR and Operating models with complex and dynamic data inputs to support tracking of various key metrics (e.g. ACV, Customers, LTV, CAC, GRR, NRR, IQRR, etc.)
- Strong inclination to business partnership and practical experience developing and implementing performance management tools and frameworks to improve operating performance including sales growth and increased profitability.
- Experience implementing financial reporting systems with demonstrated ability to lead projects with and without the support of outside consultants.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex financial concepts in a simplified way to leaders.
- Strategic mindset with a track record of providing valuable insights and driving financial improvements across a business.
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with the capacity to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- A natural curiosity and energetic, creative and collaborative approach. Track record of driving positive results in hands-on environments
- Demonstrated success in consistently producing timely and highly predictable financial models.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to garner commitment to solutions or ideas, while maintaining integrity and relationships.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues, and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.