Product Manager, Analytics
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our team building the Analytics product. Understanding impact is critical for our customers and the Hootsuite platform ensures that we have best-in-class capabilities in analysis, measurement, and reporting. The Product Manager leads and creates clear and impactful product strategies, processes, and innovation that drive quantifiable business value. You will be seen as a collaborative leader across the organization and a subject matter expert in our product’s capabilities, value propositions, and the needs of our customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely with Product, Development, and Design Directors to set the medium-term strategy for Analytics
- Own the creation and results of a prioritized roadmap that balances short term business goals with established long term vision and strategy.
- Effectively synthesize data from customers, competitors, analysts, and commercial activities into meaningful signals that inform and validate hypotheses
- Set, track, and be accountable to KPIs at both a project and product level
- Build and refine scalable processes for product planning, prioritization, and execution
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and Support to effectively bring functionality to market and drive business value
- Represent the product & roadmap priorities in an approachable and collaborative spirit, including with senior-level internal stakeholders and in-person with customers
- Guide product development in an agile environment, working closely with a team of top notch engineers and designers
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A post-secondary degree in computer science, business and/or engineering, or equivalent work experience and 4+ years of software product management experience
- Experience developing products for marketing & sales customer bases, experience in data and analytics products preferred
- Strong fluency with product & business data measurement principles and tools
- Accountability: holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Interpersonal Savvy: relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Process/Project Management: skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects, even in the face of uncertainty
- Self Development: is personally committed to, and actively works to continuously improve
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.