We’re looking for an Account Executive to help us develop and close new business with companies in a variety of exciting industries. You will work in a fast paced sales environment selling Hootsuite solutions to prospective customers. You will work with our inbound lead generation teams and manage the sales process, helping our customers choose Hootsuite as their Social Media Management partner. While working in a hybrid work arrangement, a blend of virtual (in accordance with Hootsuite’s distributed workforce strategy), and in Hootsuite’s Toronto office, you will report to the Manager, Sales.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Successfully acquire new Hootsuite customers in order to achieve individual quota targets; both with leads that come in through the demand gen channel, and through outbound efforts into whitespace accounts to create new customer interest.
- Prepare, organize, structure your sales processes from value creation to negotiation and closing.
- Consult with businesses to understand the product fit and recommend / sell Hootsuite solutions that align with their unique needs and overall goals on social
- Be the subject matter expert to provide customer value from the prospecting stage all the way to completion of sale.
- Develop rapport with customers by proactively providing insightful market information and solutions to customers that showcase maximum benefits from Hootsuite products.
- Facilitate a warm handoff to the Customer Account Manager following the close of the initial customer sale to ensure a smooth customer transition to their new Hootsuite contact.
- Perform other related duties as required.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1-3 years of B2B sales experience OR 1+ years of lead generation/business development representative experience (experience in software considered an asset); proven ability to achieve or exceed assigned quotas.
- Ability to focus on client business value, return on investment, and customer solutions (not features-focused selling).
- Experience crafting sales strategies for your vertical/territory and building/executing on your account plans/territory plans.
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Commitment to Results: Consistently achieving results, demonstrating high performance and challenging self and others to deliver results.
- Customer Focus: Demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs.
- Negotiation: Successfully obtains commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish—doesn’t give up.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.