Senior Software Developer, Mobile (Android)
We’re looking for a Senior Mobile Developer, Android to help us build, test and deploy new products and features. You’ll be working with a team of talented engineers to design, build, and ship high quality products, incorporate feedback to refine and improve beta releases and turn beta releases into production ready, scalable products suitable for new and existing customers. While working in a hybrid environment from Toronto or Vancouver or Remotely across Canada, you will report to the Senior Manager, Software Development.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate with and lead your team to design, build, test, and ship high-quality software to Hootsuite’s customers
- Help shape your team's and Hootsuite’s technical roadmap
- Iterate in an agile fashion creating hypotheses and testing them
- Shape Hootsuite's culture, and your team's, through improved tooling, streamlining processes and working across product boundaries
- Share your Android development expertise with your team
- Mentor more junior developers
- The technologies you will be working with: Kotlin, RxJava, GraphQL, Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, and at least 5 years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining software including 3 years developing native mobile applications or an equivalent level of work experience, and a track record of substantial contributions to software projects with high business impact
- Expertise in Kotlin and Java, and in Google and third party frameworks, and knowledge of modern architecture patterns such as MVVM, MVI]
- Experience with mentoring, coaching, and pairing with coworkers
- Experience writing clean code that performs well at scale
- An understanding of SaaS software development practice, previous experience working on a SaaS product will be viewed favorably
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas, products, and/or solutions
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems and looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems and proposes several possible solutions
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.