Intermediate/Senior DevOps (Windows)
Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world’s most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It’s a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
As an Int/Senior DevOps (Windows), you will be responsible for the reliability and smooth operation of production and test environments and build automation to improve reliability and efficiency of code delivery from build to production.
At Global Relay we use leading edge technologies to deploy and manage the infrastructure that delivers highly scalable and available services. The role involves cross-team collaboration and communication; you will be working closely with key stakeholders to ensure that product requirements are met. This is an opportunity to influence the design and implementation of systems at scales that many do not get a chance to work at.
Depending on your team's needs and your skill sets, your time will be split between
- Automation: Developing tools & frameworks to enhance our CI (Continuous Integration) & CD (Continuous Delivery) automation using industry standard CI/CD practices
- Operations: Monitor and ensure smooth operation of production and test environments by executing common sysadmin (system administration) tasks and automating repetitive tasks
- Service Reliability: Provide support and initial troubleshooting when required by reviewing dashboards and logs to ensure system issues are timely addressed
- 5+ years’ experience in the DevOps / Site Reliability space, or in a similar role
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals like threading, OOP and more
- Understanding of software systems concepts such as networking, firewalls, protocols, databases and more
- Understanding of software delivery practices such as Git branching models, configuration management, secret rotation, feature toggling, no-downtime deployments, and more
- Experience with:
- Automation using PowerShell
- Azure DevOps
- Database fundamentals for MS SQL and NoSql DB's
- Python or other similar scripting languages
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- Infrastructure as code tools such as Ansible
- C# or other similar programming languages
- Containerization/Virtualization technology such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Load balancing tools such as HA-Proxy, Nginx or F5
- Instrumentation & Monitoring tools such as: Splunk, Loki, Zabbix, or Prometheus
- Package managers and artifact repositories such as: NuGet, npm, Artifactory
- Experience with the following would be considered an asset:
- Linux, Bash
- Zookeeper, Hadoop, Kafka, or MongoDB
Global Relay advertises the pay range for this role in accordance with the pay transparency laws of the province of British Columbia. In addition to the annual base salary (range listed below), compensation for this role also includes a corporate bonus, extended health benefits, and RRSP Matching, and (for applicable Sales roles) an enticing commission structure.
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there’s no ceiling to what you can achieve. It’s the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You’ll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you’ll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.