Senior Technical Product Manager - Artificial Intelligence
Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world’s most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It’s a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
Senior TPMs are responsible for delivering the product roadmap driving new products and features through the development process. They work closely with other Product Managers to ensure roadmaps are clear, prioritized, achievable, and aligned with strategy. Senior TPMs reliably deliver large and complex initiatives often involving multiple teams. They also lead the early requirement discovery and analysis work normally associated with Product Managers and break them down into releases, epics, user stories, and acceptance criteria. They work closely with their Team Leads, Architects, and UI/UX to ensure high quality designs are produced. TPMs attend (often leading) daily stand-ups and other agile ceremonies, groom their team’s backlog, plan sprints, accept completed stories, monitor progress, report status, and manage key release activities including documentation and training.
In this role, you will work with developers, data scientists, and enterprise clients to build AI models that meet customer and business goals. This role has significant scope and impacts Global Relay’s AI strategy and solution,
- Responsible for delivery of components / features in alignment with strategy and the broader roadmap.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Sales, Support, clients, and other TPMs to produce and manage their component’s backlog and contribute to the product roadmap
- Translate product roadmap initiatives and feature requests into models, workflow diagrams, epics, user stories, acceptance criteria, and other suitable artifacts.
- Lead large complex initiatives from roadmap to delivery with minimal support & guidance from product managers
- Collaborate with other TPMs, Architects, UI/UX, and Team Leads to drive requirements through the design phase.
- Work with Product Management, Development, and other departments to actively remove obstacles blocking progress and ensure program is within schedule.
- Prioritize and groom their team(s) backlog.
- Attend daily stand-ups with your Product Manager and other TPMs in your product team.
- Attend daily stand-ups, grooming, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives and other team meetings with your Agile team(s).
- Share Scrum Mastering duties with other members of your team.
- Create work estimates, track progress, and report status in the form of burn up/down charts and dashboards.
- Proven ability and success at presenting to the team, the business, C-level, and customer stakeholders
- Regularly assists in the hiring process, and mentoring/coaching of others as needed
- 6+ years of experience as a Technical Product Manager or product owner.
- 2+ years of experience working on products that utilize AI/ML.
- Takes full product ownership, highly organized and proactive.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical, business, and C-level executives.
- Strong requirement management skills (elicitation, analysis, use case modeling, workflow, documentation, etc.).
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development methodologies.
- Experience coaching/mentoring/training others.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality products.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience as a software developer or data scientist
- Experience with AI/ML training and inference, open source libraries and models, machine learning frameworks
- Experience with a SaaS, messaging, or enterprise software company
- Experience drive cross-team initiatives and collaborate with stakeholders across the organization
- Strong requirement elicitation, analysis, domain modelling, use case modeling, workflow design, and documentation skills
- Experience in compliance and supervision for the financial industry
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
Global Relay advertises the pay range for this role in accordance with the pay transparency laws of the province of British Columbia. In addition to the annual base salary (range listed below), compensation for this role also includes a corporate bonus, extended health benefits, and RRSP Matching, and (for applicable Sales roles) an enticing commission structure.
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there’s no ceiling to what you can achieve. It’s the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You’ll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you’ll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.