Backup Administrator - L2
Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world’s most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It’s a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
The Backup Administrator – L2, is responsible for providing knowledge and experience in relation to on-going support, maintenance, and administration of a CommVault Backup Infrastructure.
They take a leadership role within the CommVault environment in support of initial configuration, implementation, deployment, and on-going support, maintenance and systems administration. This also includes systems recovery and data restoral to operational ready responsibilities.
The job requirements for this role are specific to a CommVault Backup Environment.
- Installation, configuration, and management of data within a CommVault environment.
- Ensure all data is accessible and recoverable as needed;
- Capacity management and reporting within the CommVault infrastructure;
- Media management across the CommVault Backup footprint;
- Daily (routine) support, maintenance, and administration activities;
- Resolve technical escalations in a timely and effective manner;
- Appropriately update and administer all assigned service request tickets;
- Enhancement or evolution recommendations for the Backup infrastructure;
- Create and maintain knowledge base including Runbooks, Method of Procedures, or Technical “How To” documentation;
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Technology Management;
- 3+ years working with CommVault backup and recovery;
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise backup systems;
- 3+ years of Linux/Unix system administration;
- Experience with enterprise robotic tape library support;
- Experience supporting Fiber Channel SAN infrastructure;
- Experience with Brocade Fiber Channel switches;
- Experience with various forms of data storage;
- Understanding of Data Center Backup Infrastructure(s) and Network connectivity;
- Self-motivated and passionate towards data protection, data recovery, and service restoration;
- Strong problem-solving skills and enhanced attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively with peers across teams, in support of a complex backup environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, communicate status, and provide resolution in a timely manner within a complex and fast paced environment;
- Keen interest in emerging and evolving technologies and industry standards;
- Highly skilled in verbal and written communication and comfortable interacting with people at all levels of customer organizations
- Must be available after hours and / or weekends for emergency related work, service impacting incident resolution, or maintenance that is required during maintenance windows (outside of regular business hours)
Global Relay advertises the pay range for this role in accordance with the pay transparency laws of the province of British Columbia. In addition to the annual base salary (range listed below), compensation for this role also includes a corporate bonus, extended health benefits, and RRSP Matching, and (for applicable Sales roles) an enticing commission structure.
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there’s no ceiling to what you can achieve. It’s the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You’ll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you’ll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.