Data Labeller, Artificial Intelligence
Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world’s most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It’s a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
We are looking for a candidate who is a self-starter, detail-oriented and adaptable for this entry-level, full-time position. This role is perfect for individuals interested in getting exposure to the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning industry. The main focus of this role is to label text and audio data for use with machine learning models. This requires a high degree of accuracy and consistency, while looking at large amounts of data. You will have an opportunity to collaborate closely with our Data Scientists and the rest of our AI team.
- Create high-quality training datasets for machine learning models by:
- Gathering: Assist Data Scientists in the gathering of large, representative datasets based on provided criteria
- Labelling: Label text data. This may include labelling for items such as tone, sentiment, or business theme
- Transcribing: Annotate and label audio data. This may include transcribing spoken words, identifying speech segments, and labelling various acoustic features
- Classifying: Categorize data into different categories
- Identifying: Identify patterns, trends, and outliers in data
- Creating: Create synthetic data based on patterns, trends, and predictions
- Reviewing: Review your own work, and that of others, to ensure the highest quality and accuracy in our datasets
- Research background information to inform on more accurate data labelling, or creating new datasets
- Provide feedback and identify any issues to relevant team members on low quality data and annotating tools
- Full professional proficiency and fluency in English
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to follow guidelines and to then work independently without constant supervision
- Able to handle ambiguity and changing priorities
- Proficient with computers, Windows, and Excel
- Experience with any of the following is considered an asset:
- Previous experience with data labelling
- Data labelling/annotation tools like Label Studio, audino
- Professional proficiency in other languages beyond English
- Manual quality assurance for software applications and/or games
Global Relay advertises the pay range for this role in accordance with the pay transparency laws of the province of British Columbia. In addition to the annual base salary (range listed below), compensation for this role also includes a corporate bonus, extended health benefits, and RRSP Matching, and (for applicable Sales roles) an enticing commission structure.
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there’s no ceiling to what you can achieve. It’s the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You’ll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you’ll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.