Senior Database Administrator (Infrastructure and Platform)
Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world’s most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It’s a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced relational database administrator to join our Infrastructure and Platform team to play a key role in managing our diverse database infrastructure.
As a Database Administrator, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, administration, and optimization of our SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, or CockroachDB database systems. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the availability, reliability, and performance of our database infrastructure.
- Design, implement, and maintain database systems including SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, or CockroachDB running on Windows and Linux infrastructure
- Install, configure, and upgrade database software and related components
- Automate database configuration, maintenance tasks, and monitoring using scripting and infrastructure-as-code tools
- Monitor and optimize database performance, ensuring high availability and scalability
- Support client database functions, including data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) services
- Provide management reports, customer reports, and data extracts
- Perform database backups, restores, and disaster recovery procedures.
- Develop and maintain database security protocols, ensuring data privacy and integrity.
- Provide support and guidance to developers and other team members regarding database-related topics.
- Participate in capacity planning and performance tuning activities.
- Stay updated with emerging database technologies and best practices, recommending improvements to enhance system performance and efficiency.
- Proven experience as a Database Administrator, managing any of the following databases: SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, or CockroachDB
- Strong understanding of database concepts, principles, and best practices
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Experience with database performance tuning and optimization techniques
- Familiarity with backup and recovery procedures, replication, and high availability strategies
- Solid understanding of database security and access control
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities, working effectively within a team environment
- Relevant certifications (e.g., Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate, PostgreSQL Certified Engineer) are a plus
Global Relay advertises the pay range for this role in accordance with the pay transparency laws of the province of British Columbia. In addition to the annual base salary (range listed below), compensation for this role also includes a corporate bonus, extended health benefits, and RRSP Matching, and (for applicable Sales roles) an enticing commission structure.
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there’s no ceiling to what you can achieve. It’s the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You’ll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you’ll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.