Intermediate Software Developer in Test (SDET)
Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world’s most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It’s a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
As a Software Developer in Test (SDET), you will be part of a small, highly focused team responsible for delivery of highly scalable and robust services within Global Relay’s platform. You will work directly in code to design testing solutions for web applications and API services of a large scale system. You will support the team’s release and testing efforts while growing and maintaining automated coverage and frameworks.
- Define and automate test cases that verify product requirements
- Write code to support development of automated frameworks and tests
- Contribute to decisions in the architecture and design of test frameworks
- Participate in test execution, issue identification and resolution in support of the release
- Maintain test infrastructure and tools
- Participate in team planning and story grooming
- Conduct code reviews, improve and maintain quality of the automation code
- Conduct test reviews, improve and maintain quality of the test coverage
- Document the automation framework, tools and infrastructure
- Minimum 3 years of automation development experience
- Experience with testing practices in an agile environment
- Experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit, Mocha or MSTest
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Testing backend systems or APIs with tools such as Postman or REST-assured
- Testing web applications with Selenium WebDriver
- Testing performance with JMeter or similar tools
- Familiarity with .NET core
- Web services technology such as REST or JSON
- Big data technology such as Kafka, Hadoop, MongoDB or SQL
- Continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or Bamboo
Global Relay advertises the pay range for this role in accordance with the pay transparency laws of the province of British Columbia. In addition to the annual base salary (range listed below), compensation for this role also includes a corporate bonus, extended health benefits, and RRSP Matching, and (for applicable Sales roles) an enticing commission structure.
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there’s no ceiling to what you can achieve. It’s the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You’ll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you’ll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.