Senior Data Scientist - Speech Recognition
Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world’s most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It’s a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
As a Senior Data Scientist in the AI group, you will be building machine learning and speech recognition solutions for Global Relay’s customers. You will be applying a wide variety of models to very large audio communication archives in order to recognize and transcribe communication content. This is a new and exciting activity for Global Relay’s customer business so this is a great time to join.
- Working closely with other data scientists and developers in building and deploying various machine learning models for Global Relay’s customers
- Being a subject matter expert on current speech transcription and speaker identification techniques
- Interacting with product managers on enhancements to our core products
- Executing all steps in the data science process from understanding business requirements to deploying models
- Producing reports detailing model performance
- 5+ years of experience with solving machine learning problems
- Experience working with very large data sets in an enterprise-wide application environment
- Python and Bash experience
- Knowledge of common machine learning libraries such as: Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, HTK, Kaldi, Julius, Sphinx and others
- Knowledge of signal processing methods for audio processing and time series analysis
- An understanding of different neural network architectures as applied to speech recognition such as: Attention-based models, RNNs and CNNs
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Nice to have's:
- MSc or PhD in a STEM or Linguistics subject
- Data collection and cleaning experience
- Data engineering skills
- Experience building acoustic or language models for speech recognition
- Experience with:
- Natural language processing models
- Kubernetes and micro services
- Working in an agile development environment
Global Relay advertises the pay range for this role in accordance with the pay transparency laws of the province of British Columbia. In addition to the annual base salary (range listed below), compensation for this role also includes a corporate bonus, extended health benefits, and RRSP Matching, and (for applicable Sales roles) an enticing commission structure.
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there’s no ceiling to what you can achieve. It’s the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You’ll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you’ll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.