Team Lead, Administration
Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world’s most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It’s a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
Do you thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment? Do you enjoy mentoring and leading a team to achieve common goals? If yes, we may have the role for you!
Global Relay is seeking an exceptional Administration Team Lead to inspire, empower, and nurture our spirited team of Admin go-getters. Collaborating hand-in-hand with the Office Manager, you’ll play an important part in ensuring the seamless business operations of our 60,000 square foot Gastown office.
This is an opportunity to lead the front lines of our global organization, who are the driving forces behind our world-wide customer support. Take charge of maintaining office efficiency, ensuring onsite security compliance, and keeping a keen eye on office supplies, equipment, and vendor deliveries.
If you’re looking to make an impact, this opportunity is tailor-made for you! Join us now and embark on a thrilling journey with Global Relay.
This role will be fully onsite at our Gastown office. It may also require you to work on statutory holidays.
- Supervising and supporting the Vancouver Administrative team, including delegation of tasks and ensuring quality and completion of tasks/projects in a timely manner
- Completing and administering performance appraisals for team members, including goal setting, professional development and role progression. Mentoring and guiding the professional and technical development of team members
- Providing continuous feedback, addressing underperformance, and recognizing the individual strengths and contributions of your team members
- Managing day to day operational aspects of the team and coordinating workload and shift planning
- Participating in team recruitment process and evaluation (i.e. screening resumes, conducting interviews)
- Managing leave requests and absences, ensuring sufficient coverage within the team throughout the year (including Statutory Holidays)
- Cultivating and maintaining a culture of high performance, professionalism, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Organizing and conducting weekly meetings to review team updates and progress
- Conducting office and safety orientations for new hires at Global Relay
- Collaborating with the Culinary team and building maintenance on loading supply deliveries
- Acting as the liaison with the building manager for any issues that arise during the Office Manager’s absence
- Providing backup support on all Administration duties and responsibilities as required
- Assisting with the annual holiday party and other Company events as required
- 5+ years of recent relevant experience in an Office management and leadership role
- High attention to detail and multi-tasking in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to problem solve and work with minimal supervision and direction
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with others
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks
- Must exercise discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Good calendar management and project management skills
- Experienced in planning and booking domestic and international travel arrangements
- Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Work, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of CRM systems such as Salesforce
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there’s no ceiling to what you can achieve. It’s the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You’ll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you’ll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.