Lead Software Developer in Test (SDET)
Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world’s most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It’s a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
As a Lead Software Developer in Test (SDET), you oversee testing resources on a small, highly focused team responsible for delivery of highly scalable and robust services within Global Relay’s platform. You are responsible to ensure appropriate and efficient testing strategies are applied in your areas of responsibility, with a focus on shift-left testing principles. You will drive continual improvement in your team’s automation frameworks and coverage while mentoring other SDETs in the team on industry leading test practices. You will guide and participate hands-on in the team’s testing efforts to ensure quality of coverage, quality of code and quality of delivery.
- Manage performance assessments, career growth and hiring for a small team of SDETs
- Drive the team’s testing and automation strategies
- Define and organize the teams test planning for releases
- Design and coding of automation frameworks, tests and tools
- Participate in team planning and story grooming
- Participate in test execution, issue identification and resolution in support of the release
- Propose and implement improvements to automation and test processes
- Develop and maintain shared testing libraries
- Provide training, mentorship and support to other members on the team
- Conduct code reviews, improve and maintain quality of the automation code
- Document the automation framework, tools and infrastructure
- Minimum 8 years of experience in test development
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading a small team
- Expertise applying test practices in an agile environment
- Experience with testing frameworks such as WebdriverIO, Playwright, JEST or Mocha
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Testing web applications with Selenium WebDriver
- Testing performance with JMeter or similar tools
- Web services technology such as REST or JSON
- Continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or Bamboo
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there’s no ceiling to what you can achieve. It’s the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You’ll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you’ll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.