DevOps, Site Reliability (Linux)
Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world’s most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It’s a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
In this DevOps/SRE role, you will be responsible for the reliability and smooth operation of your service in both production and test environments.
At Global Relay we use leading edge technologies to deploy and manage 1000's of servers and the infrastructure that delivers highly scalable and available services. The role involves cross-team collaboration and communication; you will be working closely with key stakeholders to ensure that product requirements are met. This is an opportunity to influence the design and implementation of systems at scales that many do not get a chance to work at.
- Ensure service reliability and up-time in production and test environments
- Be on-call and provide 3rd level troubleshooting support when required
- Monitoring up-time and performance of production systems
- Executing common sysadmin (system administration) tasks such as applying patches and report generation and some DB administration
- Occasionally help out in improving tools to reduce repetitive work and improve consistency
- 3+ years' experience as a production operations or SRE or similar role
- Understanding of software systems concepts such as networking, firewalls, protocols, databases and more
- Experience with:
- Linux Teams: Linux (CentOS preferred), Bash and Maven/Gradle
- Window Teams: Windows, PowerShell and Nuget
- RDBS and NoSQL DBs such as Ms SQL, Cassandra
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Infrastructure as Code tools such as Ansible or Puppet
- Containerization/Virtualization technology such as Docker, VMware or OpenShift Kubernetes
- Load balancing tools such as HA-Proxy, Nginx or F5
- Experience with the following would be considered an asset:
- Experience with any of these: Cassandra, Zookeeper, Hadoop, Kafka, Ms SQL, or MongoDB
- Experience leading or mentoring others
- Understanding of software delivery practices such as feature toggling, no-downtime deployment
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there’s no ceiling to what you can achieve. It’s the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You’ll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you’ll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.