Technical Product Manager - Message Services
Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world’s most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It’s a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
Global Relay requires an experienced Technical Product Manager (TPM) to assume ownership of the Global Relay Message backend services. You will work closely with your agile team(s), other TPMs, and Product Management to deliver on the product roadmap, driving new initiatives and features through the development process.
Working with Product Management, the TPM will define detailed business requirements and collaborate with their Team Leads, Architects, and stakeholders to ensure high quality designs are produced. TPM will also facilitate Scrum ceremonies (daily stand-up, backlog grooming, sprint planning sessions, etc.), drive release planning process, accept completed stories, monitor progress, report status, and be involved in key release activities.
Working in a dynamic team environment, the Technical Product Manager is responsible for:
- Collaborating with senior product management, sales, support, clients, and other TPMs to produce and manage your component’s backlog and contribute to the product roadmap
- Translating product roadmap initiatives and feature requests into epics and user stories with well-defined acceptance criteria
- Creating and maintaining requirement artifacts (use cases, data models, flow charts, etc.)
- Collaborating with other TPMs, architects, and Team Leads to drive requirements through the design phase
- Identifying and coordinating cross-component dependencies throughout the delivery process
- Working with product management, development, and other departments to actively remove blocking issues and ensuring program is on schedule
- Facilitating daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives, and other team meetings with your agile team(s)
- Coordinating work estimates, tracking progress, and reporting status in the form of burn up/down charts and dashboards
- Understanding the design, business logic, and technical architecture of platform components and how those components interact with the rest of the platform
- Serving as the primary product expert (functional, not technical) for the components for which you are responsible
- Degree in engineering, computer science or related technical field
- 3-5 years of experience as a technical product manager or product owner
- Hands on experience with backend services and APIs
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience with SaaS for enterprise markets
- Experience driving cross-team initiatives and collaborating with stakeholders across the organization
- Experience as a business analyst with strong requirement elicitation, analysis, domain modelling, use case modeling, workflow design, and documentation skills
- Experience with project management (planning, monitoring, and reporting)
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there’s no ceiling to what you can achieve. It’s the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You’ll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you’ll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.