Senior C++ Engineer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
We’re GeoComply! We're a market-leading technology provider with teams across five countries and three continents with a global customer base. And we have no plans to slow down.
We’re revolutionizing how people and businesses use the internet to instill confidence in every online interaction. Trusted by leading brands and regulators for the past ten years, our geolocation solutions are installed on over 400 million devices and analyze over 10 billion transactions a year.
At the heart of it all is the people - we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees and partners, and providing for the needs of our customers.
We are looking for a Senior C++ Developer to join our team in Toronto, Canada!
The Desktop Solution team is one of the founding teams at GeoComply. The mission is to enable business operators to securely and seamlessly pinpoint their customers' location for Regulation or anti-fraud purposes, particularly on desktop environments. The team fulfills this mission by developing and innovating the Geolocation SDKs for both Windows and Mac. Today, the solution has been integrated with hundreds of operators and deployed in tandem with their applications to millions of end users' devices.
As Senior C++ Developer, you will work in a talented multi-discipline software engineering team, including C++ developers, QA engineers, and Product and Engineering Managers distributed across different countries (Canada, USA, Poland, and Ukraine). You will be responsible for providing high-quality solutions to ensure our clients get a positive experience with our product. You are expected to deliver your task timely, communicate effectively on the blockers, and provide support to the other members of the team.
- Develop and maintain a high-quality desktop application written in C++ 17 that provides geolocation services to users.
- Utilize defensive coding techniques to ensure the stability and reliability of the product.
- Implement security measures to prevent reverse engineering and protect sensitive information within the application.
- Work closely utilizing various APIs for MS Windows and MacOS, including low-level system calls to these operating systems.
- Be responsible for creating, maintaining, and executing unit and automated tests to ensure the quality and performance of the application.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, troubleshoot issues, and ensure the successful delivery of the project.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies to continuously improve and optimize the application.
- Research into the capabilities of new versions of the operating systems, secure coding, and anti-hacking techniques.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience in software development with a focus on C++ (C++ 17 experience is a strong plus).
- Experience developing Desktop applications on both Apple and Microsoft platforms using system API.
- Solid understanding of defensive coding techniques and best practices to ensure product stability.
- Experience in creating, debugging, and optimization of multi-threaded applications.
- Familiarity with automation testing frameworks and tools.
- Experience with Boost, Boost.Beast, Google Test, OpenSSL.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, including the creation of building pipelines with Jenkinsfiles.
- Experience in implementing security measures to protect applications from reverse engineering.
Joining the GeoComply team means you’ll be part of an award-winning company to work, learn and grow. We are fast-paced, high-impact, and have a can-do team culture.
To be successful in our organization, you need an eager attitude, professionalism, and the confidence to willingly work to prove yourself and your ideas, and earn the trust of the organization.
Here’s why we think you’d love working with us.
We’re working towards something big
We’ve built a reputation as the global market leader for geolocation compliance solutions for over 10 years. We’re trusted by customers from all over the world, and the next few years will be particularly exciting as we continue to scale across new markets.
Our values aren’t just a buzzword
Our values are the foundation for what we as a company care about most. They signify the commitment we make to each other around how we act and what we stand for. They are our north star as we work together to build a company we’re all proud to be a part of. Learn more, here.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are
In collaboration with our team and external partners, we promote DEI in our recruitment and hiring practices; scholarships and financial aid; training and mentorship programs; employee benefits, and more.
Learning is at the heart of our employee experience
At GeoComply, we foster an environment that empowers every employee to gain the knowledge and abilities needed to perform at their very best and help our organization grow. From a professional development budget to local training opportunities, knowledge-sharing sessions and more, we are continually investing in employee career growth and development.
We believe in being a force for good
We profoundly care about our impact on the world and strive to make meaningful contributions to the communities we work and live in. Our Impact division focuses on philanthropic and social responsibility initiatives, including supporting our local communities, advancing equality, and harnessing our technology to protect vulnerable groups. Learn more, here.
We care about our team
Our GeoComply team is talented, driven and hard-working, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. At GeoComply, we take care of our employees with the total package. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits program.
We value in-person collaboration
The benefits we have seen from teams being together have been tremendous in how we are able to collaborate and swiftly inform each other on what is happening across the company. By introducing an 80% attendance rate, we have seen the value in achieving more together as a company as we continue to foster collaboration across team members and departments.
Interested in joining our team? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We can’t wait to meet you!
- - - - - - - - - -
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion, and we welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities. Creating an accessible interview experience for all candidates is important to us. If you have any requests (big or small) throughout our hiring process, please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can do our best to prioritize your needs.
We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position.