Senior Finance Manager, FP&A (Vancouver)
Accounting & Finance
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
We’re GeoComply! We're a market-leading technology provider with teams across five countries and three continents with a global customer base. And we have no plans to slow down.
We’re revolutionizing how people and businesses use the internet to instill confidence in every online interaction. Trusted by leading brands and regulators for the past ten years, our geolocation solutions are installed on over 400 million devices and analyze over 10 billion transactions a year.
At the heart of it all is the people - we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees and partners, and providing for the needs of our customers.
GeoComply seeks a Senior Finance Manager, FP&A, to join its high-performing finance team. With a growing list of accomplishments in the Gaming, FinTech, and Media industries and solid ambitions for future growth, we want to strengthen our financial planning and analysis function. We have big plans and are excited to build our team to support GeoComply’s growth.
As our Senior Finance Manager, FP&A, you’ll provide the insights and analysis the business needs to assess past performance, improve current operations, and capitalize on future growth. You should excel at financial modeling, making sense of large amounts, and presenting information to senior leaders. You are used to being outside of your comfort zone and have the confidence and resourcefulness to tackle projects you have never seen before.
- Work closely with the Finance and Executive leadership teams to formulate the business's medium and long-term financial and strategic plans
- Partner with leaders across the business to support the preparation of detailed annual budgets and recurring forecasts
- Oversee the master budget, including consolidation of multi-team annual budgets and roll-up of international subsidiary budgets
- Produce financial and operational models to project long-term growth and determine the impacting business factors
- Perform monthly budget versus actual financial analysis
- Regularly assess key performance indicators to analyze financial and operational results and provide recommendations to improve company performance
- Develop detailed driver-driven revenue plans for all products and services, along with regular forecast and variance analysis
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate the analysis and reporting of financial results and oversee the implementation of these initiatives
- Prepare supporting information for monthly management reporting, as well as quarterly and year-end financial reporting
- Perform other financial modeling and ad hoc analysis as required
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Prior experience in one of our core industries (e.g., Gaming, Media & Entertainment, and Financial Services)
- Able to simplify complex topics into easily understood communications through both written and verbal means
- Able to work independently with minimal direction
- Able to build deep partnerships across varied functions and geographies
Joining the GeoComply team means you’ll be part of an award-winning company to work, learn and grow. We are fast-paced, high-impact, and have a can-do team culture.
To be successful in our organization, you need an eager attitude, professionalism, and the confidence to willingly work to prove yourself and your ideas, and earn the trust of the organization.
Here’s why we think you’d love working with us.
We’re working towards something big
We’ve built a reputation as the global market leader for geolocation compliance solutions for over 10 years. We’re trusted by customers from all over the world, and the next few years will be particularly exciting as we continue to scale across new markets.
Our values aren’t just a buzzword
Our values are the foundation for what we as a company care about most. They signify the commitment we make to each other around how we act and what we stand for. They are our north star as we work together to build a company we’re all proud to be a part of. Learn more, here.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are
In collaboration with our team and external partners, we promote DEI in our recruitment and hiring practices; scholarships and financial aid; training and mentorship programs; employee benefits, and more.
Learning is at the heart of our employee experience
At GeoComply, we foster an environment that empowers every employee to gain the knowledge and abilities needed to perform at their very best and help our organization grow. From a professional development budget to local training opportunities, knowledge-sharing sessions and more, we are continually investing in employee career growth and development.
We believe in being a force for good
We profoundly care about our impact on the world and strive to make meaningful contributions to the communities we work and live in. Our Impact division focuses on philanthropic and social responsibility initiatives, including supporting our local communities, advancing equality, and harnessing our technology to protect vulnerable groups. Learn more, here.
We care about our team
Our GeoComply team is talented, driven and hard-working, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. At GeoComply, we take care of our employees with the total package. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits program.
We value in-person collaboration
The benefits we have seen from teams being together have been tremendous in how we are able to collaborate and swiftly inform each other on what is happening across the company. By introducing an 80% attendance rate, we have seen the value in achieving more together as a company as we continue to foster collaboration across team members and departments.
Interested in joining our team? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We can’t wait to meet you!
- - - - - - - - - -
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion, and we welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities. Creating an accessible interview experience for all candidates is important to us. If you have any requests (big or small) throughout our hiring process, please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can do our best to prioritize your needs.
We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position.