Director of Engineering - Geolocation Compliance
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
We’re GeoComply! We're a market-leading technology provider with teams across five countries and three continents with a global customer base. And we have no plans to slow down.
Achieving 650% growth in annual revenue over the past three years and dubbed a tech “Unicorn,” we’re revolutionizing how people and businesses use the internet to instill confidence in every online interaction. Trusted by leading brands and regulators for the past ten years, our geolocation solutions are installed on over 400 million devices and analyze over 10 billion transactions a year.
At the heart of it all is the people - we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees and partners, and providing for the needs of our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Engineering to lead our Geolocation Compliance software engineering teams. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering high-quality software products, managing cross-functional teams, and working collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure the timely delivery of projects.
The candidate is accountable for growing and building strong engineering teams to support the Geolocation Compliance space. This is a critical role for the organization, directly supporting our goal of holding onto our market share while extending into new industry segments.
- Provide leadership and technical direction to the software engineering team to ensure the successful execution of product development plans and meet quality standards.
- Manage and develop the software engineering team, including hiring, training, mentoring, and providing feedback to ensure a high-performing team.
- Collaborate with product management, design, and other cross-functional teams to define product vision, roadmap, and development priorities.
- Partner closely with multiple product and engineering teams to support the development of new compliance rules and processes.
- Develop and implement engineering processes and best practices to improve software development efficiency, quality, and maintainability.
- Define and track key performance metrics to measure team productivity, quality, and delivery timelines.
- Identify and manage technical risks and trade-offs, and communicate these to stakeholders clearly and concisely.
- Establish positive relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, partners, and vendors.
- Set and own organization OKRs, provide feedback to the Engineering Managers on their team OKRs
- Anticipate & participate in technology evaluation such as (but not necessarily) DynamoDB, Aurora, GraphQL, etc. that could lead to faster & high-quality development and more cost-effective engineering solutions or create a better user experience.
- Partner with Infra and Dev Ops leaders to ensure the product is scalable and cost-effective while collaborating and driving for clear ownership and responsibilities between software engineers and dev ops on KTLO and OE
- Constantly look for areas that need quality improvements and put your focus on driving & executing for the best user experience, such as geofencing performance, data consistency, latency
Who You Are
- Experienced leader: You are an experienced leader with a strong track record of leading software engineering teams and delivering high-quality software products.
- Team builder: You have a proven ability to build and develop high-performing engineering teams through effective hiring, training, mentoring, and feedback.
- Collaborative: You excel at collaborating with cross-functional teams, including product management and design, to define product vision and development priorities.
- Process-oriented: You have a passion for process improvement and implementing best practices to enhance software development efficiency, quality, and maintainability.
- Metrics-driven: You are skilled at defining and tracking key performance metrics to measure team productivity, quality, and delivery timelines.
- Risk manager: You can identify and manage technical risks and trade-offs, and effectively communicate these to stakeholders.
- Relationship builder: You are adept at establishing positive relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, partners, and vendors.
- Goal-oriented: You take ownership of organizational OKRs and provide feedback to Engineering Managers on their team OKRs to ensure alignment with business objectives.
Joining the GeoComply team means you’ll be part of an award-winning company to work, learn and grow. We are fast-paced, high-impact, and have a can-do team culture.
To be successful in our organization, you need an eager attitude, professionalism, and the confidence to willingly work to prove yourself and your ideas, and earn the trust of the organization.
Here’s why we think you’d love working with us.
We’re working towards something big
We’ve built a reputation as the global market leader for geolocation compliance solutions for over 10 years. We’re trusted by customers from all over the world, and the next few years will be particularly exciting as we continue to scale across new markets.
Our values aren’t just a buzzword
Our values are the foundation for what we as a company care about most. They signify the commitment we make to each other around how we act and what we stand for. They are our north star as we work together to build a company we’re all proud to be a part of. Learn more, here.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are
In collaboration with our team and external partners, we promote DEI in our recruitment and hiring practices; scholarships and financial aid; training and mentorship programs; employee benefits, and more.
Learning is at the heart of our employee experience
At GeoComply, we foster an environment that empowers every employee to gain the knowledge and abilities needed to perform at their very best and help our organization grow. From a professional development budget to local training opportunities, knowledge-sharing sessions and more, we are continually investing in employee career growth and development.
We believe in being a force for good
We profoundly care about our impact on the world and strive to make meaningful contributions to the communities we work and live in. Our Impact division focuses on philanthropic and social responsibility initiatives, including supporting our local communities, advancing equality, and harnessing our technology to protect vulnerable groups. Learn more, here.
We care about our team
Our GeoComply team is talented, driven and hard-working, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. At GeoComply, we take care of our employees with the total package. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits program.
We value in-person collaboration
The benefits we have seen from teams being together have been tremendous in how we are able to collaborate and swiftly inform each other on what is happening across the company. By introducing an 80% attendance rate, we have seen the value in achieving more together as a company as we continue to foster collaboration across team members and departments.
Interested in joining our team? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We can’t wait to meet you!
- - - - - - - - - -
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion, and we welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities. Creating an accessible interview experience for all candidates is important to us. If you have any requests (big or small) throughout our hiring process, please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can do our best to prioritize your needs.
We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position.