Senior Director, Business Operations (Vancouver)
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
We’re GeoComply! We're a market-leading, hyper-growth technology provider with teams across five countries and three continents with a global customer base. And we have no plans to slow down.
Achieving 650% growth in annual revenue over the past three years and dubbed a tech “Unicorn,” we’re revolutionizing how people and businesses use the internet to instill confidence in every online interaction. Trusted by leading brands and regulators for the past ten years, our geolocation solutions are installed on over 400 million devices and analyze over 10 billion transactions a year.
At the heart of it all is the people - we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees and partners, and providing for the needs of our customers.
As the Senior Director of Business Operations, you will be responsible for building a best-of-breed Project Management function within the organization. You come armed with a clear vision of what a best-of-breed Project Management function looks like, and you possess the necessary knowledge, skills, and gravitas to bring that vision to life. You will be the driving force for defining and propagating project management best practices across the organization through both direct-line reporting and dotted-line reporting.
- Hiring and training Project Managers for your Team;
- Establishing the appropriate structure for the Project Management function;
- Being a leader in the organization, responsible for both setting the standards for project management and holding the organization accountable to the standards set;
- Providing day-to-day oversight of the Project Management Team to ensure projects are effectively managed and risks are quickly identified;
- Developing, implementing, maintaining, and continually updating processes, standards, guidelines and procedures for efficient project management.
- Mentoring and coaching members of the Project Management Team to develop a high performing team;
- Keeping up-to-date with the ever-changing landscape of technology, standards, and optimal project management methods to ensure that the Project Management Team adapts effectively over time to tackle the demands of a rapidly expanding technology company;
- Building and maintaining relationships with key people in the organization;
- Establishing a clear understanding of the company's vision, goals and strategy and actively contribute to the achievement of the goals and execution of the strategy.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of combined experience running a Project Management Office, preferably in a 500+ person organization preferably with a focus on mobile B2B technology OR 5+ year in a consulting company (e.g., Bain, McKinsey, BCG, etc.)
- Proven experience and in-depth knowledge of project management methodologies;
- Formal project management certification required;
- Experience with a broad range of project management tools, including Jira and Confluence;
- Experience in working in and adhering to short, agile, iterative development cycles;
- A true team player with great communication and interpersonal skills;
- You value working in high performance teams and strive to continuously improve team practices;
- Results-oriented with a demonstrated history of consistently meeting deadlines;
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for Computer Science, Engineering or another technical degree;
- Excellent written and spoken technical English;
- Ability to work with distributed teams, across multiple continents and occasional international travel.
Joining the GeoComply team means you’ll be part of an award-winning company to work, learn and grow. We are fast-paced, high-impact, and have a can-do team culture.
To be successful in our organization, you need an eager attitude, professionalism, and the confidence to willingly work to prove yourself and your ideas, and earn the trust of the organization.
Here’s why we think you’d love working with us.
We’re working towards something big
We’ve built a reputation as the global market leader for geolocation compliance solutions for over 10 years. We’re trusted by customers from all over the world, and the next few years will be particularly exciting as we continue to scale across new markets.
Our values aren’t just a buzzword
Our values are the foundation for what we as a company care about most. They signify the commitment we make to each other around how we act and what we stand for. They are our north star as we work together to build a company we’re all proud to be a part of. Learn more, here.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are
In collaboration with our team and external partners, we promote DEI in our recruitment and hiring practices; scholarships and financial aid; training and mentorship programs; employee benefits, and more.
Learning is at the heart of our employee experience
At GeoComply, we foster an environment that empowers every employee to gain the knowledge and abilities needed to perform at their very best and help our organization grow. From a professional development budget to local training opportunities, knowledge-sharing sessions and more, we are continually investing in employee career growth and development.
We believe in being a force for good
We profoundly care about our impact on the world and strive to make meaningful contributions to the communities we work and live in. Our Impact division focuses on philanthropic and social responsibility initiatives, including supporting our local communities, advancing equality, and harnessing our technology to protect vulnerable groups. Learn more, here.
We care about our team
Our GeoComply team is talented, driven and hard-working, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. At GeoComply, we take care of our employees with the total package. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits program.
We value in-person collaboration
The benefits we have seen from teams being together have been tremendous in how we are able to collaborate and swiftly inform each other on what is happening across the company. By introducing an 80% attendance rate, we have seen the value in achieving more together as a company as we continue to foster collaboration across team members and departments.
Interested in joining our team? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We can’t wait to meet you!
- - - - - - - - - -
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion, and we welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities. Creating an accessible interview experience for all candidates is important to us. If you have any requests (big or small) throughout our hiring process, please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can do our best to prioritize your needs.
We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position.