Senior Director, Business Operations (Toronto)
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
We’re GeoComply! We're a market-leading technology provider with teams across five countries and three continents with a global customer base. And we have no plans to slow down.
Achieving 650% growth in annual revenue over the past three years and dubbed a tech “Unicorn,” we’re revolutionizing how people and businesses use the internet to instill confidence in every online interaction. Trusted by leading brands and regulators for the past ten years, our geolocation solutions are installed on over 400 million devices and analyze over 10 billion transactions a year.
At the heart of it all is the people - we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees and partners, and providing for the needs of our customers.
As the Senior Director of Business Operations at GeoComply, you will hold a pivotal role in steering the company towards operational excellence. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), you will be responsible for optimizing our day-to-day operations, spearheading transformative initiatives, and ensuring seamless execution of our business strategies to enhance efficiency, productivity, and profitability. You will also have the opportunity to drive and influence the growth of GeoComply into new verticals by collaborating with many teams on the business insights, operations, and processes to deliver on these future growth opportunities.
This role requires a strategic thinker with extensive experience in driving commercial teams within the tech industry and a proven track record of success in a top-tier consulting firm such as Bain, McKinsey, or BCG.
- Collaborate closely with the executive team to develop and execute operational strategies, aligning them with long-term business objectives.
- Lead the planning and implementation of complex, cross-functional projects designed to drive growth, efficiency, and profitability with a strong focus on execution (e.g., NFL readiness, G2E preparation, KPI deployment and measurement for the whole company, performance improvement tasks for select functions - both Commercial and Technology, M&A due diligence support as required, Post-Merger Integration Plan and Execution)
- Lead the Operational Excellence program kicked off by the COO across the whole company
- Overall, beyond Business Operations and possible Growth Operations, the Sr Dir Business Operations will be the COO’s “chief of staff” / “right arm”
- Providing day-to-day oversight of the Business Operations to ensure projects are effectively managed and risks are quickly identified;
- Evaluate and refine operational processes such as goal setting and continuously seeking opportunities for improvement
- Establish operational excellence by redesigning processes, flows, and procedures
- Forge strong collaborative relationships with departmental leaders across Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success to ensure cohesive coordination of operational activities.
- Establish close communication with Product and Engineering departments to ensure our road-map accurately reflects the highest potential opportunities
- Diagnose complex problems, develop data-driven plans, and oversee the execution
- Identify opportunities to streamline and optimize business processes, significantly enhancing operational efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
Who You Are
- Tech Industry Expert: You possess in-depth expertise in the technology SaaS industry, with a strong track record of successfully managing large cross-functional programs within this sector. You are well-versed in industry trends, challenges, and opportunities.
- Consulting Background: You bring a minimum of 4 years of experience gained at a leading consulting firm such as Bain, McKinsey, BCG, or similar. Your consulting experience equips you with valuable problem-solving skills and a strategic mindset.
- Experienced Leader: You have a history of holding leadership roles, guiding teams and departments to achieve operational excellence, and delivering results.
- Strategic Visionary: You excel at translating high-level company objectives into actionable operational strategies. You possess the ability to identify and leverage opportunities for improvement.
- Results-Oriented: You are driven by achieving measurable results and have a track record of implementing operational enhancements that positively impact the company's bottom line.
- Knowledge of the US and Canadian gaming and sports betting compliance, regulations, and requirements
- Knowledge in Fraud/Identity solution is a plus
Joining the GeoComply team means you’ll be part of an award-winning company to work, learn and grow. We are fast-paced, high-impact, and have a can-do team culture.
To be successful in our organization, you need an eager attitude, professionalism, and the confidence to willingly work to prove yourself and your ideas, and earn the trust of the organization.
Here’s why we think you’d love working with us.
We’re working towards something big
We’ve built a reputation as the global market leader for geolocation compliance solutions for over 10 years. We’re trusted by customers from all over the world, and the next few years will be particularly exciting as we continue to scale across new markets.
Our values aren’t just a buzzword
Our values are the foundation for what we as a company care about most. They signify the commitment we make to each other around how we act and what we stand for. They are our north star as we work together to build a company we’re all proud to be a part of. Learn more, here.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are
In collaboration with our team and external partners, we promote DEI in our recruitment and hiring practices; scholarships and financial aid; training and mentorship programs; employee benefits, and more.
Learning is at the heart of our employee experience
At GeoComply, we foster an environment that empowers every employee to gain the knowledge and abilities needed to perform at their very best and help our organization grow. From a professional development budget to local training opportunities, knowledge-sharing sessions and more, we are continually investing in employee career growth and development.
We believe in being a force for good
We profoundly care about our impact on the world and strive to make meaningful contributions to the communities we work and live in. Our Impact division focuses on philanthropic and social responsibility initiatives, including supporting our local communities, advancing equality, and harnessing our technology to protect vulnerable groups. Learn more, here.
We care about our team
Our GeoComply team is talented, driven and hard-working, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. At GeoComply, we take care of our employees with the total package. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits program.
We value in-person collaboration
The benefits we have seen from teams being together have been tremendous in how we are able to collaborate and swiftly inform each other on what is happening across the company. By introducing an 80% attendance rate, we have seen the value in achieving more together as a company as we continue to foster collaboration across team members and departments.
Interested in joining our team? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We can’t wait to meet you!
- - - - - - - - - -
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion, and we welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities. Creating an accessible interview experience for all candidates is important to us. If you have any requests (big or small) throughout our hiring process, please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can do our best to prioritize your needs.
We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position.