Junior IT Support Engineer
IT, Customer Service
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
We’re GeoComply! We're a market-leading, hyper-growth technology provider with teams across five countries and three continents with a global customer base. And we have no plans to slow down.
Achieving 650% growth in annual revenue over the past three years and dubbed a tech “Unicorn,” we’re revolutionizing how people and businesses use the internet to instill confidence in every online interaction. Trusted by leading brands and regulators for the past ten years, our geolocation solutions are installed on over 400 million devices and analyze over 10 billion transactions a year.
At the heart of it all is the people - we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees and partners, and providing for the needs of our customers.
Are you passionate about helping people solve IT problems?
We are looking for a Junior IT Support Engineer to contribute to GeoComply’s success by providing high-quality technical support to all our employees and by maintaining our systems and networks.
- Provide comprehensive technical support to GeoComply employees worldwide
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and escalate issues timely to appropriate internal teams
- Ensure all issues and resolutions are properly documented
- Maintain and update knowledge base articles to help users self serve
- Provision new users computer and systems accessAssist in onboarding, setting up and deploying IT equipment for new employees
- Assess recurring issues to create automated processes and solutions where possible
- Maintain and troubleshoot network and IT equipment
- Manage Hardware and Software asset inventories
- Organize IT equipment and may have to bend, kneel and lift to set up user devices on desks
Who You Are
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Windows and macOS devices
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting network devices and services (WiFi, LAN, VPN)
- Resourceful, able to prioritize tasks and address the most critical or pressing demands first
- Enjoys solving challenging user issues and maintaining a world class user experience
- Make sure expectations of users are met and requests resolved in a timely manner
- Good time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to troubleshoot complex hardware and software issues.
- Customer-focused attitude and excellent communication skills
- Security first mindset
- Are familiar with common SaaS applications such as Okta, Google Workspace, Slack, etc.
- Have experience with cloud providers and architecture such as AWS or GCP
- Have experience with MDM solutions such as Intune or JAMF
- Have experience with Asset and Vendor management solutions
- Have Comptia A+ and Network+ certificates
Joining the GeoComply team means you’ll be part of an award-winning company to work, learn and grow. We are fast-paced, high-impact, and have a can-do team culture.
To be successful in our organization, you need an eager attitude, professionalism, and the confidence to willingly work to prove yourself and your ideas, and earn the trust of the organization.
Here’s why we think you’d love working with us.
We’re working towards something big
We’ve built a reputation as the global market leader for geolocation compliance solutions for over 10 years. We’re trusted by customers from all over the world, and the next few years will be particularly exciting as we continue to scale across new markets.
Our values aren’t just a buzzword
Our values are the foundation for what we as a company care about most. They signify the commitment we make to each other around how we act and what we stand for. They are our north star as we work together to build a company we’re all proud to be a part of. Learn more, here.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are
In collaboration with our team and external partners, we promote DEI in our recruitment and hiring practices; scholarships and financial aid; training and mentorship programs; employee benefits, and more.
Learning is at the heart of our employee experience
At GeoComply, we foster an environment that empowers every employee to gain the knowledge and abilities needed to perform at their very best and help our organization grow. From a professional development budget to local training opportunities, knowledge-sharing sessions and more, we are continually investing in employee career growth and development.
We believe in being a force for good
We profoundly care about our impact on the world and strive to make meaningful contributions to the communities we work and live in. Our Impact division focuses on philanthropic and social responsibility initiatives, including supporting our local communities, advancing equality, and harnessing our technology to protect vulnerable groups. Learn more, here.
We care about our team
Our GeoComply team is talented, driven and hard-working, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. At GeoComply, we take care of our employees with the total package. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits program.
We value in-person collaboration
The benefits we have seen from teams being together have been tremendous in how we are able to collaborate and swiftly inform each other on what is happening across the company. By introducing an 80% attendance rate, we have seen the value in achieving more together as a company as we continue to foster collaboration across team members and departments.
Interested in joining our team? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We can’t wait to meet you!
- - - - - - - - - -
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion, and we welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities. Creating an accessible interview experience for all candidates is important to us. If you have any requests (big or small) throughout our hiring process, please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can do our best to prioritize your needs.
We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position.