Senior Project Manager
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
We’re GeoComply! We're a market-leading, hyper-growth technology provider with teams across five countries and three continents with a global customer base. And we have no plans to slow down.
Achieving 650% growth in annual revenue over the past three years and dubbed a tech “Unicorn,” we’re revolutionizing how people and businesses use the internet to instill confidence in every online interaction. Trusted by leading brands and regulators for the past ten years, our geolocation solutions are installed on over 400 million devices and analyze over 10 billion transactions a year.
At the heart of it all is the people - we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees and partners, and providing for the needs of our customers.
We are seeking a highly experienced Senior Project Manager responsible for managing complex cross-functional projects and process improvement initiatives critical to GeoComply’s success. You will join the PMO to work cross-functionally with other project managers, project teams, and stakeholders, including executives and senior leaders, to successfully deliver projects and process improvement initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
The role requires strong leadership, communication, and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to collaborate and build relationships across technical and non-technical departments and functions. The ideal candidate can proactively dig into and understand cross-functional processes and dependencies and can lead transformative change. If you have deep knowledge of project management and process improvement methodologies and a passion for technology and innovation, this is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and innovative company poised for rapid growth and success.
- Simultaneously lead and manage multiple cross-functional and complex projects and process improvement initiatives that enhance operational efficiency and are critical to GeoComply’s success
- Develop and maintain project plans, schedules, and budgets, and proactively manage risks, issues, and dependencies
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with project teams, sponsors, subject matter experts, process owners, and stakeholders, including senior leaders and technical teams, by managing expectations and providing regular status updates
- Provide leadership, direction, and guidance to Project Managers and project teams that are relevant to your projects to ensure a clear understanding of responsibilities, expectations, and alignment of priorities across related projects
- Facilitate project meetings and process mapping sessions to recommend process improvements and ensure effective communication and collaboration
- Act as a role model for project and process management best practices and methodologies across GeoComply, and assist with developing project management and operations communities of practice
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, computer science, or a related field
- At least 10+ years of experience in project management, with a proven track record of managing multiple complex and cross-functional projects simultaneously and delivering significant process improvements across an organization
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage by influence, inspire and motivate cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, with the ability to engage and manage stakeholders at all levels of the organization and with different expertise
- Expert with project management tools and software, such as Jira
- Experience managing agile software projects or launching new tech products in a fast-paced environment
- Project management or process improvement certification, such as PMP, Six Sigma, or Certified Scrum Master, is an asset
- You have experience working with globally distributed teams, mentoring and coaching junior Project Managers, helping set up and working in a PMO team.
- You have a passion for continuous improvement, innovation, and building team culture.
Joining the GeoComply team means you’ll be part of an award-winning company to work, learn and grow. We are fast-paced, high-impact, and have a can-do team culture.
To be successful in our organization, you need an eager attitude, professionalism, and the confidence to willingly work to prove yourself and your ideas, and earn the trust of the organization.
Here’s why we think you’d love working with us.
We’re working towards something big
We’ve built a reputation as the global market leader for geolocation compliance solutions for over 10 years. We’re trusted by customers from all over the world, and the next few years will be particularly exciting as we continue to scale across new markets.
Our values aren’t just a buzzword
Our values are the foundation for what we as a company care about most. They signify the commitment we make to each other around how we act and what we stand for. They are our north star as we work together to build a company we’re all proud to be a part of. Learn more, here.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are
In collaboration with our team and external partners, we promote DEI in our recruitment and hiring practices; scholarships and financial aid; training and mentorship programs; employee benefits, and more.
Learning is at the heart of our employee experience
At GeoComply, we foster an environment that empowers every employee to gain the knowledge and abilities needed to perform at their very best and help our organization grow. From a professional development budget to local training opportunities, knowledge-sharing sessions and more, we are continually investing in employee career growth and development.
We believe in being a force for good
We profoundly care about our impact on the world and strive to make meaningful contributions to the communities we work and live in. Our Impact division focuses on philanthropic and social responsibility initiatives, including supporting our local communities, advancing equality, and harnessing our technology to protect vulnerable groups. Learn more, here.
We care about our team
Our GeoComply team is talented, driven and hard-working, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. At GeoComply, we take care of our employees with the total package. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits program.
We value in-person collaboration
The benefits we have seen from teams being together have been tremendous in how we are able to collaborate and swiftly inform each other on what is happening across the company. By introducing an 80% attendance rate, we have seen the value in achieving more together as a company as we continue to foster collaboration across team members and departments.
Interested in joining our team? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We can’t wait to meet you!
- - - - - - - - - -
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion, and we welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities. Creating an accessible interview experience for all candidates is important to us. If you have any requests (big or small) throughout our hiring process, please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can do our best to prioritize your needs.
We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position.