Senior Engineering Manager
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
We’re GeoComply! We're a market-leading, hyper-growth technology provider with teams across five countries and three continents with a global customer base. And we have no plans to slow down.
Achieving 650% growth in annual revenue over the past three years and dubbed a tech “Unicorn,” we’re revolutionizing how people and businesses use the internet to instill confidence in every online interaction. Trusted by leading brands and regulators for the past ten years, our geolocation solutions are installed on over 400 million devices and analyze over 10 billion transactions a year.
At the heart of it all is the people - we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees and partners, and providing for the needs of our customers.
As a Senior Engineering Manager for the Universal Back Office (UBO) team, you will work with Product Managers in Europe and North America, to shape and align roadmaps, and drive and execute the roadmap for UBO to meet business goals. You will also work closely with the Data Analytics team to have insight into the product performance and set new targets to continuously improve it.
On a daily basis, you will manage a full-stack software engineering team, and maintain clear career paths for your team - it will be critical to foster a team environment that collaborates closely with remote offices (Vietnam, North America, and East Europe).
- Collaborate with the product manager & cross-functional team to determine the product roadmap
- Hire and grow the respective leaders in each of the focus areas, including individual contributors and team managers
- Partner effectively with cross-organization engineering groups and various functions, and other internal and external partners to represent UBO as a company platform.
- Oversee the UBO architecture, be responsible for the execution/delivery of projects that meet the business objectives
- Oversee the team positivity culture and optimize the working model for efficiency & product quality
- Coordinate Research on new promising technologies and designing of new features upholding the principles of UBO
- Manage the team through critical projects, making hard trade-offs between scopes, engineering capacity, and time constraints
- Coach, develop, and grow your direct reports, build a strong culture of quality, handle conflicts well and help build consensus
- Recruit high-quality engineering talents for the team.
- Write and maintain internal documentation with the team lead.
- Review technical requirements with technical leads and architects. Ensure high quality and completeness of requirements breakdown into tasks
Who You Are
- 10+ years professional software development experience
- 5+ years management experience leading software engineers
- Strong communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent command of English in both written and spoken
- Track record of managing, recruiting, and retaining strong engineering talent and growing effective teams
- Experience working with multi-functional, globally distributed teams to coordinate work and deliver solutions that span multiple teams. Sometimes you may be required to work in the evening to catch up with the product manager or join anti-fraud calls in North America.
- Experience working with QAs, technical leads, product managers, designers, data scientists, and infrastructure teams to identify opportunities, prioritize roadmaps, and solve problems
- Good experience in user experience
- Results-oriented with ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Familiar with Agile development methodology and common CI/CD practices.
- A true team player with great interpersonal skills, communicate effectively in both internal and external teams
Joining the GeoComply team means you’ll be part of an award-winning company to work, learn and grow. We are fast-paced, high-impact, and have a can-do team culture.
To be successful in our organization, you need an eager attitude, professionalism, and the confidence to willingly work to prove yourself and your ideas, and earn the trust of the organization.
Here’s why we think you’d love working with us.
We’re working towards something big
We’ve built a reputation as the global market leader for geolocation compliance solutions for over 10 years. We’re trusted by customers from all over the world, and the next few years will be particularly exciting as we continue to scale across new markets.
Our values aren’t just a buzzword
Our values are the foundation for what we as a company care about most. They signify the commitment we make to each other around how we act and what we stand for. They are our north star as we work together to build a company we’re all proud to be a part of. Learn more, here.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are
In collaboration with our team and external partners, we promote DEI in our recruitment and hiring practices; scholarships and financial aid; training and mentorship programs; employee benefits, and more.
Learning is at the heart of our employee experience
At GeoComply, we foster an environment that empowers every employee to gain the knowledge and abilities needed to perform at their very best and help our organization grow. From a professional development budget to local training opportunities, knowledge-sharing sessions and more, we are continually investing in employee career growth and development.
We believe in being a force for good
We profoundly care about our impact on the world and strive to make meaningful contributions to the communities we work and live in. Our Impact division focuses on philanthropic and social responsibility initiatives, including supporting our local communities, advancing equality, and harnessing our technology to protect vulnerable groups. Learn more, here.
We care about our team
Our GeoComply team is talented, driven and hard-working, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. At GeoComply, we take care of our employees with the total package. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits program.
We value in-person collaboration
The benefits we have seen from teams being together have been tremendous in how we are able to collaborate and swiftly inform each other on what is happening across the company. By introducing an 80% attendance rate, we have seen the value in achieving more together as a company as we continue to foster collaboration across team members and departments.
Interested in joining our team? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We can’t wait to meet you!
- - - - - - - - - -
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion, and we welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities. Creating an accessible interview experience for all candidates is important to us. If you have any requests (big or small) throughout our hiring process, please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can do our best to prioritize your needs.
We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position.