Senior Manager of Engineering, Desktop Solutions (Vancouver)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2023
We’re GeoComply! We're a market-leading, hyper-growth technology provider with teams across five countries and three continents with a global customer base. And we have no plans to slow down.
Achieving 650% growth in annual revenue over the past three years and dubbed a tech “Unicorn,” we’re revolutionizing how people and businesses use the internet to instill confidence in every online interaction. Trusted by leading brands and regulators for the past ten years, our geolocation solutions are installed on over 400 million devices and analyze over 10 billion transactions a year.
At the heart of it all is the people - we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees and partners, and providing for the needs of our customers.
Make an impact on the online experience of 400+ million users/devices worldwide
Have you ever dreamed of making a real impact on the way people access online services such as gaming, ecommerce, crypto, or banking? Have you ever thought of building technology on desktop devices that leverage geolocation data to make better risk-based decisions? Well, then working at GeoComply should be exactly right for you! Here, the innovations you create quickly get implemented and delivered to hundreds of millions of devices and users.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Engineering, Desktop Solution, to join our team in (Canada, USA, Poland)!
The Desktop Solution team is one of the founding teams at GeoComply. The mission is to enable business operators to securely and seamlessly pin-point their customers location for Regulation or Anti Fraud purposes, particularly on desktop environments. The team fulfills this mission by developing and innovating the Geolocation SDKs for both Windows and Mac. Today, the solution has been integrated with hundreds of operators and deployed in tandem with their applications to millions of end users devices.
As Senior Manager of Engineering - Desktop Solution, you will lead a talented multi-discipline software engineering team, including C++ developers, QA engineers, Engineering Managers based in Poland and Ukraine. Together with the Product leaders, you will shape, drive, and execute the roadmap of your Desktop Solution: security, logging, geolocation, on-device ML, metrics, remote update, etc.
You will partner with many teams, including Data Science, Account Management, UI/UX, and Customer Support to align your team’s goals with cross-team’s support and work toward our bigger goal of bringing value to GeoComply’s customers. You are responsible for hiring the best people and developing career paths for them - it will be critical to foster a positive culture that collaborates across global offices: Asia, North America, Europe.
- Collaborate with product leaders & cross-functional team to determine multiple product roadmaps (Windows, Mac, future OSes such as SmartTV, Wearables) that aligns with the broader company vision;
- Be responsible for the technical architecture and execution of your organization initiatives that meet the business objectives;
- Define and continuously optimize your teams’ working model (sprint/agile processes) for efficiency & quality;
- Set a high bar for engineering talent recruitment; Build a strong engineering brand for Desktop Solution and able to attract and retain talent;
- Coach, develop, and grow your engineering team to increase impact and job satisfaction;
- Build a strong culture of teamwork: guide team members to resolve conflicts and build cohesive relationships;
- Manage & lead the team through critical projects; setting an example of great execution;
- Provide sound judgment on hard tradeoffs between building products for speed versus tech debt;
- Have excellent communication skills to communicate the team's vision/plan effectively and represent the organization in engineering/company wide forums.
Who you are
- 6+ years in engineering leadership role, leading team(s) of software engineers;.
- 3+ years of experience in managing desktop applications development team;
- Strong communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills;
- Track record of managing, recruiting, and retaining strong engineering talents and growing effective teams;
- Experience working with multi-functional, globally distributed teams to coordinate work and deliver solutions that span multiple teams;
- Strong technical skills in client side software development (desktop applications or mobile applications)
- Good knowledge of Windows/Mac OS development.
- Experience managing multiple Engineering Managers
- Strong technical skills with C/C++ development
Joining the GeoComply team means you’ll be part of an award-winning company to work, learn and grow. We are fast-paced, high-impact, and have a can-do team culture.
To be successful in our organization, you need an eager attitude, professionalism, and the confidence to willingly work to prove yourself and your ideas, and earn the trust of the organization.
Here’s why we think you’d love working with us.
We’re working towards something big
We’ve built a reputation as the global market leader for geolocation compliance solutions for over 10 years. We’re trusted by customers from all over the world, and the next few years will be particularly exciting as we continue to scale across new markets.
Our values aren’t just a buzzword
Our values are the foundation for what we as a company care about most. They signify the commitment we make to each other around how we act and what we stand for. They are our north star as we work together to build a company we’re all proud to be a part of. Learn more, here.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are
In collaboration with our team and external partners, we promote DEI in our recruitment and hiring practices; scholarships and financial aid; training and mentorship programs; employee benefits, and more.
Learning is at the heart of our employee experience
At GeoComply, we foster an environment that empowers every employee to gain the knowledge and abilities needed to perform at their very best and help our organization grow. From a professional development budget to local training opportunities, knowledge-sharing sessions and more, we are continually investing in employee career growth and development.
We believe in being a force for good
We profoundly care about our impact on the world and strive to make meaningful contributions to the communities we work and live in. Our Impact division focuses on philanthropic and social responsibility initiatives, including supporting our local communities, advancing equality, and harnessing our technology to protect vulnerable groups. Learn more, here.
We care about our team
Our GeoComply team is talented, driven and hard-working, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. At GeoComply, we take care of our employees with the total package. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits program.
We value in-person collaboration
The benefits we have seen from teams being together have been tremendous in how we are able to collaborate and swiftly inform each other on what is happening across the company. By introducing an 80% attendance rate, we have seen the value in achieving more together as a company as we continue to foster collaboration across team members and departments.
Interested in joining our team? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We can’t wait to meet you!
- - - - - - - - - -
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion, and we welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities. Creating an accessible interview experience for all candidates is important to us. If you have any requests (big or small) throughout our hiring process, please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can do our best to prioritize your needs.
We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position.