Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary: $3,576.00 Biweekly
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open Until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
- Collaborates with Business Units, Departments, Clients to analyze business information requirements and translate these requirements into conceptual/logical data models and interfaces; develops the data infrastructure that best supports the business. Collaborates with applications systems, interface development, implementation & sustainment teams to translate conceptual/logical data models into physical database designs.
- Specifies and supports the implementation of IT infrastructure requirements for databases with operational teams; reviews and resolves IT/technical infrastructure for points of failure. Develops and supports implementation of fall-over, backup and recovery strategies for databases. Participates in the production turnover process, and coordinates production turnover requirements for databases with Applications and Operations teams.
- Develops and maintains data architecture and data models at the conceptual and logical levels; coordinates the implementation of data model changes to existing physical databases. Participates, and makes recommendations, in the evaluation and selection of tools and technologies to support data architecture, data modeling and database design.
- Establish and maintains relationships with Outsourcing Partners and/or Vendors to support implementation of database designs into physical databases; ensures ongoing administration and maintenance of databases.
- Develops and maintains the Business Intelligence (BI) reporting to address business decision support requirements; utilizes business data available in the Data Warehouse to identify the way end users want to analyze the data.
- Identifies data ownership issues across the enterprise, including data integration issues for consolidation and transformation. Participates in the development of data architecture, policies, standards and guidelines related to the enterprise wide integration of data.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties, which do not affect the rating of the job.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Administration from a recognized program
- Five (5) years recent, related experience
- Knowledge of business systems analysis, conceptual and logical data models and database design
- Knowledge of data architecture, conceptual design, and implementation
- Knowledge of information systems technologies, systems development tools and methodologies, and end user tools and approaches
- Ability to manage medium to large database design and implementation projects, with multiple sub-projects, system interfaces and specialized functions, spanning several business units and client departments.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to analyze business requirements and make sound judgements
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to facilitate groups, make presentations and effectively resolve conflict
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work with demanding work schedules
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.