Accounting Supervisor, Business Performance & PMO
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary Min: $93,300.00 Annually
Salary Max: $115,800.00 Annually
Short-term Incentive Eligible: Yes
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You’re an analytical thinker with a knack for numbers and a love for implementing pragmatic solutions. With a passion for leading teams, you’ll provide oversight of various expenditures reports and consolidation, financial analysis, and review of key processes and documents.
Reporting to Accounting Manager, PMO, as Accounting Supervisor, you’ll evaluate financial risks, prepare financial forecasts, and support business and operational performance. Relying on your analytical skills, you’ll work closely with the Project Management Office and Asset Management to ensure projects and programs are appropriately classified.
If you’re someone who brings a love for numbers with strong leadership abilities, join us in transforming B.C.’s energy future.
In this role, you will:
- Eablish working relationships across various departments and grow your understanding of our corporate obligations.
- Provide leadership and direction while overseeing all reconciliations and journal entries to ensure they are completed in a timely manner and supported with appropriate documentation.
- Identify and develop best practices for reporting, systems design, and issue resolution and communicate them to other members of the business team.
- Provide coaching to support performance, quality of work, training, and development of direct reports, while contributing guidance and solutions to various stakeholders in the organization.
What it takes:
- A bachelor’s degree in business/commerce with a Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation
- A minimum of five years of recent and relevant experience in a financial accounting/reporting, preferably in a utility industry, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- A demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong technical accounting skills, preferably in an SAP environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to understand problems and opportunities to develop and implement pragmatic solutions
- Good working knowledge and understanding of budget and forecasting processes is preferred
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.