Employment Status: Co-op Student
Salary: $21.87 Hourly
Temp Duration: 4 Months
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
An enthusiastic Sustainability co-operative education student is required to assist our Senior Program Manager, Corporate Sustainability for the Decarbonization & Sustainability department. The successful candidate will:
- Gain experience within the Decarbonization & Sustainability team.
- Work on assignments and projects to provide opportunities for engagement with various levels of staff:
- Assist with Sustainability reporting requirements
- Support management with the coordination and content generation of Sustainability Advisory Group meetings
- Assist with work on tracking and managing organization performance metrics related to sustainability
- Review and provide feedback on communications to senior leadership
- Other duties of a minor nature
- Develop an understanding of the workings within the department and FortisBC.
- Gain experience in effective team and partner collaborations.
- Collaborate with other departments.
Working in accordance with the organization’s strategic vision, core values and leadership competencies, some of the duties of this position involve:
- Assist with research
- Review documentation, provide feedback and ideas
- Assist with project coordination and project deliverables
- Familiarize and track internal and external resources on related projects and activities
- Work collaboratively with various groups in the organization including Operations, Environment, External Communications, Policy, Conservation & Energy Manager, People, Regulatory, Procurement, Facilities, Finance, etc.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication, planning and organizational skills. They will possess the ability to quickly learn processes, identify and organize relevant information and be able to work independently. The position is located at the corporate office in Surrey.
Minimum 3rd or 4th year student, enrolled in a Bachelor of Business, Environmental Science, Sustainability or a related Degree program with the requirement to return to school after the co-op work term. Must currently be enrolled in a co-op program at an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Creative thinker with strong skills in the use of business analysis, financial evaluation methods, and project management
- Ability to communicate effectively and to maintain collaborative relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel and Word
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving - capable of complex reasoning analysis
- Interpersonal Skills – able to collaborate on projects, maintain effective relationships, and communicate clearly
- Independent - ability to work well under limited supervision
- Knowledge of SharePoint an asset
This is a 4 month co-op starting in May 2024.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.