Corporate and External Reporting Manager
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary Min: $106,700.00
Salary Max: $142,400.00
Short-term Incentive Eligible: Yes
Workplace Flexibility: Yes
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You’re a big-picture leader with an appetite for growth, learning, and continuous improvement. As an analytical thinker, you’ll prepare and review financial statements, identify technical accounting issues, understand and explain financial results, and identify variances from expectations.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, you’ll lead a team of professional accounting staff and produce consolidated external financial statements and other corporate reporting information. As a natural communicator, you’ll rely on your skills to develop and execute formal written communications to Executive Leadership, the Board, the utility commission, external auditors, and our parent company Fortis Inc.
If you’re someone who brings a knack for analysis to improving teams around them, join us in transforming B.C.’s energy future.
In this role, you will:
- Rely on your analytical skills to develop a firm understanding of how to prepare and review financial statements for the Gas and Electric utility businesses, with appropriate delegation of duties to team members.
- Enhance relationships across the broader finance management team, as well as other departments in the business who contribute to financial reporting deliverables.
- Collaborate with external auditors as the key liaison on various financial reporting matters, including annual audits and quarterly reviews.
- Innovate new procedures to improve the efficiency, timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of systems used to prepare financial reports.
What it takes:
- Six to 10 years of relevant experience in preparing financial statements or equivalent experience in an accounting firm.
- Professional Accounting designation (CPA or CA).
- Prior experience with external financial reporting for public companies, preferably in a Sarbanes Oxley environment, would be an asset.
- Experience in a regulated environment would also be an asset.
In this role, you will have the option to participate in a flexible work program, enabling you to work from an approved flex location in British Columbia up to 85 days a year (equivalent to approximately two days a week), subject to business or operational needs.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.