Project Engineer, Renewable Gas
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary Min: $93,300.00 Annually
Salary Max: $115,800.00 Annually
Short-term Incentive Eligible: Yes
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You’re a big-picture thinker with the ability to also organize and track the details. As an exceptional leader, you’ll work with and oversee a team of engineers, technologists and external consultants to support the development, design and construction of Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) facilities for our natural gas transmission and distribution systems.
You’ll lead the delivery of engineering assessments, FEED (Front-End Engineering Design) studies and cost estimates, detailed design and field engineering activities to utilize RNG as a low-carbon energy source. As a natural collaborator, you’ll have trustworthy relationships with internal and external teams. You’re a driven team member with a focus on making the structures you operate within better.
If you’re someone who brings fresh ideas to improve the spaces around you, join us in transforming B.C.’s energy future.
In this role, you will:
- Apply your expertise and knowledge to manage technical deliverables and designs completed by external consultants and ensure compliance with current industry regulations, codes, standards and guidelines.
- Coordinate efforts of our internal technical specialists to review and accept supporting deliverables.
- Engage with project execution specialists to implement concepts into reality.
- Build a solid understanding of our internal processes, standards, policies and procedures.
- Develop strong working relationships with key FortisBC stakeholders, including Engineering and Operations.
- Develop leadership skills within the department and help improve the performance of the team.
- Identify and champion continuous improvements to the service provided to key stakeholders.
- Be accountable and improve the performance and timelines of the fast-paced work environment for ongoing projects.
What it takes:
- Four to seven years of experience as an engineer plus registration as a mechanical or chemical professional engineer with the Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically plan and execute work on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated experience in natural gas process facility design and construction practices.
- Advanced technical capabilities and experience related to engineering assessments of materials, equipment and/or process systems is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities paired with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Extensive knowledge of computer systems and specialized software.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.