Fleet Services Lead
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary Min: $64,600.00 Annually
Salary Max: $91,800.00 Annually
Short-term Incentive Eligible: Yes
Workplace Flexibility: Yes
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You’re a leader who thrives on collaboration to achieve any objective, big or small. You’re also a master at juggling priorities and can meet competing deadlines with ease. On top of your solid mechanical aptitude, you always put safety first and find innovative solutions to evolve our Fleet Services department as a Fleet Services Lead.
In this role, you’ll lead our fleet program focusing on safety, business continuity, and customer and vendor relations.
In this role, you will:
- Perform assignments under the supervision of senior team members.
- Become familiar with the policies and procedures and establish effective working relationships with peers and business units.
- Work within your team to develop plans and new strategies to streamline maintenance, emission reduction, and safety.
- Meet with various stakeholders to present and provide knowledge on new regulations and refreshers on existing processes and requirements regarding safety, internal controls, and regulations.
- Support both the capital and operation and maintenance (O&M) reporting requests.
What it takes:
- Journeyman Mechanic certification or equivalent, plus 4 to 7 years related experience in a technical capacity or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A Commercial Vehicle Inspector license and good knowledge of the National Safety Code.
- Firm knowledge of road safety through the Department of Transportation and Insurance Corporation of British Columbia rules and regulations and of all automotive and commercial transport vehicles and equipment.
- Confident communication skills to build close relationships with customers and to work effectively within the department and across the Company.
- Excellent prioritization and multi-tasking skills to manage multiple ongoing projects with competing timelines while still achieving a high standard of results as per regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
In this role, you will have the option to participate in a flexible work program, enabling you to work from an approved flex location in British Columbia up to 85 days a year (equivalent to approximately two days a week), subject to business or operational needs.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.