Fleet Services Clerk
Employment Status: Full-Time Temporary
Salary: $26.59 Hourly
Temp Duration: Approx. 8 months
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
- Maintains a complete fleet vehicle/equipment database; enters, verifies and edits data and prepares and distributes standard and adhoc reports based on that data as required.
- Maintains a complete record of fleet fuel usage and repair bills, including assisting in reviewing and coding invoices; investigates discrepancies and notifies users of unacceptable or inconsistent charges; forwards invoices to accounts payable for processing, and enters data into the Fleet Management Information System (FMIS) as required.
- Maintains vehicle mileage database, collects and enters monthly mileage data, sends out notices for fuel data not in the FMIS, and prepares various standard monthly mileage reports.
- Maintains company vehicle credit card system within the FMIS, including;
- monitoring use of daily vehicle fuel card activity;
- processing and documenting cancellations, new requests and replacement cards:
- following up with users of unacceptable or inconsistent charges and documenting the result;
- May assist with the processing of vehicle transfer notification forms in respect to disposals, moves and new vehicles in service; advises appropriate department(s) of fleet changes and maintains related files and records.
- May assist with the fleet insurance and licensing documentation including renewals, transfers, and cancellations; and tracks and issues municipal decals and commercial vehicle inspections. Maintains all accurate filing and updating relevant spreadsheets
- Provides secretarial and clerical support to departmental staff, including:
- prepares a variety of correspondence, reports, forms and specifications; and composes straightforward correspondence and inter-office messages on request or own initiative;
- acts a receptionist, answers telephone, takes messages or redirects calls as appropriate, answers routine inquiries; and greets, announce and directs visitors to appropriate individual;
- opens and distributes incoming mail, courier packages and inter-office messages and routes outgoing mail;
- books catering, travel, accommodations and conferences for departmental staff as required.
- Performs a variety of departmental clerical and file maintenance functions including the maintenance of fleet records, contract repair invoices, parking decal records; and related clerical support assignments including daily computer data entry.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above which do not affect the rating of the job.
- Grade 12 graduation including courses in business communications and office practices.
- Twelve (12) months directly related experience.
- Fast, accurate keyboard skill including ability to format various types of correspondence, reports, forms (60 words per minute).
- Solid knowledge of administrative procedures including filing systems, mail, communication systems, office equipment and the ability to organize work effectively.
- Good command of English language and composition to respond to incoming calls and enquiries, correct spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors, and compose correspondence and inter-office messages.
- Courteous, professional telephone manner.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint). Preferred though not required to be familiar with other software in use in the fleet department such as a FMIS and SAP.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.