Project Engineer, Renewable Gas Development
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary Min: $93,300.00 Annually
Salary Max: $115,800.00 Annually
Short-term Incentive Eligible: Yes
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You’re a motivated project leader with an exceptional engineering background who’s ready to drive a progressive portfolio that will support B.C.’s clean energy transformation. Your extensive knowledge and confident decision-making allow you to guide projects through unknown territory, and you know how to leverage partners and coordinate collective efforts to achieve consistent and improving results. Someone like you will be a great fit as our Project Engineer, Renewable Gas Development.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for leading the development of a portfolio of upcoming Renewable Gas projects through inception, alternative analysis, and project development.
In this role, you will:
• Lead day-to-day activities for alternative analysis and project development associated with the Renewable Gas portfolio.
• Utilize existing systems to manage project development financials and schedule progress, including monthly reporting.
• Deliver preliminary reports and studies required to support the successful execution of upcoming capital plans.
• Identify and propose improvements to the FortisBC Project Development process as it pertains to the Renewable Gas portfolio.
• Review recently completed projects against previously completed estimates to improve future performance.
What it takes:
• Four to ten years of relevant and recent experience and certification as a Professional Engineer certification with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia or eligibility to receive certification.
• Project Management Professional certification would be an asset.
• Excellent decision-making skills to work through uncertainty and build solid justification for a recommendation and planning.
• Good organizational skills to successfully prioritize and drive for results to achieve deadlines within a portfolio of multiple projects.
• Exceptional attention to detail and collaboration skills to work with multiple project teams across multiple departments and ensure a consistent approach and quality to the resulting plans, estimates, and reports.
• Incredible project management and leadership skills with the ability to leverage informal influence and authority to achieve results.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.