Labourer (Temporary) - Future Opportunities
Employment Status: Full-Time Temporary
Salary: $30.08 Hourly
Workplace Flexibility: No
Temp Duration: Approx. 7 Months
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
The duties of a Labourer are to carry out a variety of assignments by performing unskilled manual work.
A Labourer reports to a staff supervisor or delegate and normally works under the direction of a higher classification employee.
- Maintains good housekeeping in the Company’s plants, switching and sub stations, buildings and structures and other associated facilities by sweeping, dusting, cleaning, wiping shelves, fixtures, equipment, tools and floors, etc.
- Digs trenches, ditches pole and post holes and does other manual shoveling work.
- Clears snow, ice and other debris from walkways, steps, roofs and roadways, etc.
- Assists tradesmen and other higher classification employees by performing manual work which does not require specific trades training.
- Moves, transports and handles equipment, machinery, tools and materials.
- Handles, uses and cares for basic tools, devices and equipment not requiring specific trades training.
- Ability to carry out a variety of duties requiring significant physical effort.
- Ability to operate basic hand and power tools.
- This role may have overtime requirements based on operational needs.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.