Operations Manager, South Okanagan
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary Min: $106,700.00 Annually
Salary Max: $142,400.00 Annually
Short-term Incentive Eligible: Yes
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You have many years of transmission & distribution powerline operations experience under your belt, and your incredible technical and interpersonal skills have prepared you to lead crews to achieving operational and safety excellence. You want to develop crews to support communities with the best service possible and leverage your strategic thinking and collaboration skills to implement process improvements and maintain compliance. We need someone like you to be an Operations Manager, South Okanagan.
In this role, you’ll report to the Regional Manager and support all operations within Network Services to deliver energy safely and reliably to our customers. This includes coaching and mentoring your team to drive operational excellence, prioritizing our safety culture through safety capacity, and providing exceptional customer experience in the community. Show strong leadership skills in high pressure situations and support the team to effectivity execute operations to maintain and restore service to customers.
In year 1, you will:
- Lead a strong safety culture by setting and meeting high expectations for safety performance. Participate in incident investigations including corrective actions and learnings, and develop action plans to prevent future incidents.
- Work with other Operations Managers to monitor field activities, identify problems and opportunities, and manage operational projects, as well as cover after hours standby.
- Lead a culture of operations excellence through innovation and work efficiencies, and foster an inclusive, diverse, and respectful workforce.
- Liaise with provincial and municipal agencies to ensure compliance.
In year 2, you will:
- Develop, implement, maintain, and evaluate improvements to resource and delivery budgets and administrative processes, including record-keeping practices, integrated resource plan, operations and maintenance work tracking and other compliance-related functions.
- Liaise with the People department (HR) to ensure hiring and labour relations activities are in compliance with all policies and Collective Agreement clauses.
- Ensure asset maintenance activities and related records are completed to a set business plan, meet established standards and external codes.
What it takes:
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in a related discipline from a recognized program, membership with the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC or a professional equivalent, plus a minimum of eight years related experience in distribution or transmission operations, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proven technical skills to achieve operational safety excellence and ensure public safety and system integrity in the reliable and efficient delivery of energy to our customers.
- Excellent leadership skills to guide supervisors and employees in the provision of activities in distribution operations, maintenance, and emergency response within the Network Services operations.
- Exceptional people skills with a passion for creating a safe and healthy workplace and ensuring health, safety, and emergency requirements are met.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.